4: There's Literally No Spark

Jughead's Pov:

"Hey honey, what's up with this Betty character. Everyone seems so awkward talking about her around me", Maggie asks walking up to me and wrapping her arms around my waist from the back. I can feel her breath hit my back, and for some reason it doesn't have the same affect as it used to. 

"Umm, well me and Betty just used to be quite close in high school, that's all", I find myself telling her, I don't know why I didn't just tell her that me and Betty used to date. 

"Uh huh, and what do you mean by close", I can hear the upset in her voice. 

"We may have dated in senior year", I muttered under my breath, why was this so hard to tell her.

"How come you didn't tell me", now she's angry. Shit.

"Because me and Betty have always been friends, and in high school it turned into more. I didn't want you getting the wrong idea about me and her," I actually find myself telling the truth. 

"So you didn't trust me enough to tell me about your past... Jug if it's in the past, how come it's so hard for you to tell me", she asks backing away from me, causing me to turn around to witness her crossing her arms, and when this happens I know that we're about to argue. 

I open my mouth to speak, but no words come out. I have no idea what to say. "I-I don't know, okay I just didn't want to bother you with it. It's confusing".

"Okay, well then if it's so confusing, then don't talk to me until it isn't." She quickly says before rolling her eyes and walking upstairs to our room. I hear the door slam, and for some reason I didn't have the gut wrenching feeling to run after her. That feelings only came to me with one person. 

                                                                                    **

Betty's Pov:

"Really V, Reggie", I ask while scrunching up my face. I can see her face change from, happy to annoyed real fast. 

"Hey, he's changed since high school," 

"U-ugh, fine I'll give him a chance, but I'm not promising anything", I reply, and soon she's happy again. 

"Yah, because he'll be here in like 5 minutes", she squeals looking down at her phone. 

"What, why didn't you tell me. Look at what I'm wearing," I motion towards my work clothes. 

"What, it's like any mans dream. Your like their hot teacher who they have wet dreams about," She smirks. 

"Ronnie, eww," I blush, gosh sitting here at Pop's with Ronnie talking about boys brings me back to high school. And, then of course my mind drifts to Jughead, so I quickly dispose my memories about that. 

"What it's only the truth, shit he's here. I'll be over at the counter, and- be nice', She smiles before speed walking away. Leaving me sitting there with a look of pure nervousness on my face, and in walks Reggie Mantle. And, surprising enough, he's still pretty good looking. Actually better looking, to say the truth. 

"Betty Cooper, well doesn't this bring back memories", He smirks. Really Ronnie doesn't seem like he's changed to much. 

"Reggie, pleasure as always", I reply back, causing his smirk to widen. He sits down in front of me, and gives me a complete look over, and surprisingly it doesn't completely disgust me.

"Well don't you look, dream worthy", He flashes me the same smile, that he always used to. I look behind him at Veronica who was currently mouthing, "I told you so". I roll my eyes at her before bringing my eyes back to him. 

"Well, it appears that your still the same old Reggie Mantle", I smile at him, wow Betty flirting with Reggie who would have thought. 

"I'm taking that as a compliment, well I mean I always had a thing for you I guess", He smiles, a real genuine smile, he should smile more. But, there was still apart of my mind that wanted to tell him, you had a thing for all the girls.

"That's sweet", I decide on saying instead, and he smiles again. 

                                                                **

After a couple hours at Pop's Ronnie had already left, she texted me telling me she had to head home, but made me promise to tell her everything later.

Reggie said he'd walk me home, and since I was still currently living with my mom, walking wasn't so far away. 

When we walked up the sidewalk to my house, I turned to look at him. His hand came up to brush a piece of my hair out of face and it really sunk in that I was out on a date with Reggie, of all people in Riverdale. 

"I had a good time tonight", he suddenly said, breaking the quietness. 

I nod my head while saying, "Me too". And, then before I could move or say anything else, I felt his lips touch mine. They stayed there for a moment, before he backed away and said, "Goodnight". While he walked away I muttered a "Night", before bringing my hands up to my lips, confused. While walking slowly up the steps of my porch and then unlocking the front, walking into my childhood home. 

                                                                        **

Jughead's Pov:

what did I just see, Betty and Reggie kissing. What the hell did I miss. When did that happen. 

I come home, because I definitely wasn't staying at my house because of Maggie. And, I see that. What bothered me even more, even though I was in a relationship, was that there was still a hint of jealousy in my stomach. It sickened me to see that. And, I wish it didn't that mean't old feelings were resurfacing and that couldn't happen. It needed to stop, or I had no Idea what I would do. 

                                                                  **

Betty's Pov:

I didn't like him, when he kissed me I didn't feel anything. It was like kissing your best friend. Weird I thought I really liked him, guess not. 

To Veronica:

Hey, sorry to break it to you but, there's literally no spark.

From Veronica:

Really, that's a shame, I thought you to would have been cute together. I even already had your ship name.

To Veronica: 

Lol, what was it? 

From Veronica: 

Retty or Beggy, I don't know I was still working on it when you texted. 

I laughed at her text before replying with a quick. 

To Veronica: 

Okay, well ttyt I'm tired

From Veronica: 

Love you, night

I shut my phone off smiling, before walking over to my dresser to get some clothes. I needed a shower. 

                                                                                 **

I KNOW SUCKY ASS CHAPTER, BUT I'M TIRED BUT THOUGHT I SHOULD UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS.

I PROMISE IT'LL BE BETTER SOON, THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT!!