Chapter Three

Mackenzie's POV

"Mackenzie! Wake up! We have thirty minutes until we have to be at the bus stop." I heard a muffled voice scream. Then I heard a soft sound at my door. "Mackenzie! Seriously, GET UP!" I don't care though.

I can barely hear it. I feel to weak to get up anyways. All my energy is gone.

I try to lift my head up but when I do, the room starts to spin. I try to move over so I can sit up but I hear a squishing noise. I glance down and see blood? I think. I'm not sure, I'm so dizzy, it might just be my mind playing tricks on me.

My eyes aren't focusing and everything is just a blur. I can't hear either, every thing is muffled.

"Mackenzie! Wake up!"

"I-I'm coming." I muttered.

I try to stand up. The first time I fall. Again I try, this time I steady myself with my bed stand. I manage to make it to my bathroom.

I turn on my sink to wash my face, hoping the water will make my dizziness go away. No luck. The water splashes on my face and races down my arms. As the water flows, I feel a stinging sensation in my left arm.

I wince and let out a yelp. I quickly dried myself from the water. I noticed blood on the towel, dry blood. Oh yeah, I remember.

I guess I lost to much blood.

After throwing on a light blue t-shirt, that's tucked back with a hair-Ty and a black long sleeve shirt underneath, with red skinny jeans and black converse, I grabbed my back pack. I walked down the stairs with caution since I'm still dizzy.

"Are you alright, little brat?" Greg asked.

"Very funny! Not." I said, not wanting to talk.

"I know. Seriously though, are you alright?"

"Fine. Why do you ask?" I crunched my nose at the pain in my head.

"You look pale. Are you feeling sick?"

"It's not like you'd let me skip school even if I was."

"Just answer my damn question!" Greg yelled.

"I'm fine!" I yelled back.

"Watch your attitude, Mackenzie!" He said standing up.

"Whatever!" I yelled, instantly regretting it.

"Didn't I just tell you not to give me attitude?"

"Actually, you said watch your attitude." God damn it, Mackenzie. Just shut your mouth!

"That's it!" He yelled.

I instantly moved my hands in front of my face. I knew what was coming.

"Please, I'm sorry!" I yelped.

He reached back and landed a fist to the side of my head. I fell down without being reluctant. I just wanted to die. That's always an option. No, Kenzie, don't think like that.

"Now get up! You're going to be late for school." He said casually, as if nothing just happened.

I clutched my head and glanced up. I saw Maddie with a worried look but she knew better then to help me. We both knew Greg would never put a hand on her because she's obviously his favorite, but she doesn't take her chances.

I got up slowly, feeling even dizzier than I did before. Every step was a pain. I couldn't see straight and my ears were still muffled. Still, I make my way to my bus some how. Maddie takes her seat with her friends and I take a seat by myself. Here goes another day at hell.