Chapter Nine

Mackenzie's POV

I quietly snuck up stairs, careful not to make to much noise. Maddie's door was already slightly cracked open so I could easily sneak a peek.

She's sitting on her bed, scrolling through on her phone, of course. She needs to stop, everything people say is crap about her not being a good enough dancer and that's why she was kicked off the team. They're all wrong. Maddie is, and always will be, the best dancer I know, the best dancer any one will know.

Everybody loved her, everybody liked her. Everybody wanted to be her friend, everybody wanted to talk to her. Everybody wanted to dance like her, everybody wanted to be like... Maddie.

I stare at her eyes, which are glued to her phone, for a long time. Her once bright blue, full of joy and laughter, beautiful eyes are now stormy gray, full of nothing but glossy tears. Suddenly, she gasped, she grabbed her chest and I dont know why.

Her eyes filled with more tears as her phone slipped through her short, bony fingers, and hit the ground. She was still grasping her chest and her breathing was decreasing.

"Maddie?" I asked softly. "Maddie! Are you okay?"

She didn't answer and her breathing kept getting heavier.

"Maddie, please tell me what's wrong!" I panicked.

I glanced down and picked up her phone. I realized what was happening. When you first unlock it there's a text.

"Hey, Madds! We've been dating for almost a year now, right? Yeah, I've told you I loved you about a thousand times, right? Well, I think I might of sorta lied. :/ um, well, Chloe and I have been texting for the past few months and we went on a few dates and yeah... I think you get the point. I dont know why I ever left Chloe for you. Well, just to make it clear, we're done. Sorry. Bye Madds:/ ~Josh"

"Oh my gosh. What a harsh way to dump some one." I said. "Well, you deserved it. You did steal him from Chloe in the first place." I giggled.

"I... Loved... Him... Chloe... Cheated with... Zack..." Maddie said in between breaths.

"You loved him? Yeah right." I scoffed.

"One year... I.. Loved... Josh."

"He deserved better.. Than Chloe."

I thought for a moment.

"You know, you might not be that stuck up bitch I thought you were." I laughed. "Okay, now just breath. He's not worth the tears, you're the best thing that could have happened to him."

"Shut up, Mackenzie. Shut up!" She screamed.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm tired of this! I have nothing left!" She continued to cry. "I have no dance, no Josh, no friends, no twinnie, nothing!"

"Don't think like that!"

"What other choice do I have?" She whispered.

Votes and comments!

💙Cailee