Twenty Seven

Last chapter!

Mackenzie's POV

"Hey! Where'd you go?" Bri asked as I entered the room.

"To the beach... With Logan." I said, butterflies still fluttering in my stomach.

"Logan? Huh, did he ask you finally?" I nodded my head and smiled. "Ohmygosh! You guys are the cutest!" She squealed.

"T-Thanks." I couldn't stop smiling until someone knocked at our door.

"I'll get it." Bri said.

"Get your stuff packed now. Mackenzie, you too." Our guidance person said.

"What, why?" I asked snapping out of my bubbly moment.

"You two are getting adopted. You have five minutes to pack everything of yours. Come to the front lobby when you are both ready." With that she left.

"WHAT!?" I yelled. "I never thought I'd actually get adopted." I mumbled.

"Neither did I! With my best friend ever too! This is the best day ever!" Bri squealed. "Well, get packing, Kenzie!" She smiled.

I hesitated but soon packed everything. Before leaving the room, I texted Logan.

-I'm getting adopted....-

He responded.

-That's great. You deserve the best. XX-

-Thanks. I'll text you later. Bye<3-

-Bye, gorgeous.<3-

I took a breath and grabbed Bri's hand. We walked to the front lobby and were greeted by a middle aged couple.

"Hello, I'm Allison and this is Steven." The lady said. She was maybe a few inches taller than me, she had light blonde hair and pretty blue eyes.

"Hello." The man said. He was a little taller than Allison, with brown hair, which was spiked up front, and soft green eyes.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"Hello." Bri said shortly after me.

"I know it's going to take awhile to get to know each other, so how about we go shopping at the mall then some ice cream so we can all talk. How does that sound?" Steven asked.

"Then afterwards we can go to the fair that's in town!" Allison said happily.

"That'd be great!" I smiled and so did Bri.