Chapter Twenty

Logan's POV

"Excuse me, may I help you, sir?" A lady at the front desk asked me.

"Um, no, I'm just visiting a friend."

"Oh, do you know what room he's in?" She asked.

"Yes, I do know what room she's in." I grinned.

"Oops, sorry. Who are you going to see?"

"Um, Mackenzie Ziegler." I said, being rather annoyed by her nosiness.

"Mackenzie Ziegler? I'm sorry but she checked out yesterday, sir."

"Excuse me? I just saw her yesterday. She's here." I said worriedly.

"I'm sorry but my computer an files tell me otherwise."

"Okay," I sighed, "can I speak to doctor Payson please?" I asked nicely.

"Yes. Right now he's in the doctors lounge. You go straight down that hallway, take a right, and you're there."

"Thanks, ma'am."

"My pleasure."

I kept walking until I found a right turn.

"Doctor Payson!" I said as I saw him.

"Logan?" He ask confused.

"Yes, sir, it's me, Logan."

"What are you doing here? Not to be rude but-"

"I'm sorry for being rude too, but I need to know where Mackenzie is." I stated.

"Mackenzie? She's checked out shortly after you left yesterday afternoon."

"Yes I know that, but where did she go?"

"Um, the orphanage right down the road."

"SDO?" I asked.

"I believe it SCO." He corrected.

"I don't really care," I said rudely. "I have to go now, goodbye, doctor Payson." I said before jogging out the door.

"Bye." The lady said as I jogged past her. I gave her a wave back.

After ten minutes of jogging, I reached the orphanage. Out of breath, I walked through the front door.

"Yes, may I help you?" A lady asked.

"Uh, yeah. I'm here to see Mackenzie Ziegler." I replied.

"How do you spell his/her last name?"

"Her last name is spelt Z-I-E-G-L-E-R."

"Okay, thank you. Mind I tell you that she cannot have any visitors under the age of eighteen, unless they're accompanied by an adult aged eighteen or older."

"What? That's unfair!"

"I'm sorry, rules are rules."

"Excuse me? Here to see Carson Zeagan." A girl, maybe a year older than I was, asked."

"Yes, through that door. He's in building Z, the last one to you're left. That's where the Z's are located." She smiled.

"Hold on a second. She's maybe fifteen or sixteen and she's allowed to see whatshername, but I'm not allowed to see Mackenzie? What is this? Give me the truth!" I yelled.

"Okay, Mackenzie's in a difficult position. She's not stable, and she's a little insane. Her doctor, doctor Payson, requested she received no visitors."

"I know doctor Payson! He won't mind, he'll let me in!"

"Sorry, no visitors."

"Whatever." I scoffed.

I walked outside, and turned the corner. I hid behind a bush and made sure everything was clear. Then I made my way to building Z.

Votes and comments

💙Cailee