Chapter Twelve

Mackenzie's POV

"Josh Hyland!" I yelled as I ran down the hall. "Come here now!"

"What?" He asked. "I gotta get to class, hurry up and speak." He laughed.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What do you mean?" He asked

"Don't play stupid with me, Hyland! Why did you say those mean things that aren't true to Maddie?"

"I didn't say anything."

"Oh, sure. So you didn't call her fat?"

"Nope."

"Oh that's right, you just made her feel that way?"

"Mackenzie, shut up." He said before I heard the warning bell go off.

"Why?" I asked as I moved closer to him. "To afraid to show the real side of you, Josh? To afraid to show everyone how much of a monster you really are?" I heard the last bell ring.

"Mackenzie-" he looked around at all the people staring at us. "Listen, meet me by the library during free period and we will talk. But for now, you need to keep your mouth shut about things! I have to go, I'm already late to class." He whispered into my ear.

"Whatever, Josh." I turned around and strutted to my next class.

"Mackenzie, you're late. Care to explain?" My math teacher, Ms. Robison asked.

"Um, locker trouble." I lied.

"Okay, next time it'll be after school detention."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Take your seat." I quickly nodded before I walked to my seat and put down my stuff.

"Alright, ladies and gents, all eyes up here, please." Robison said as she stood in front of the board.

"How have your morning's been?" She asked.

"Good." We all mumbled.

"Great! Now, please take out last nights homework, I assume you all finished it."

I nervously twiddled my thumbs. Wait, why should I be nervous? I forget my homework all the time.

"Dawson, please come up and do problem one." I listened and watched as she called more people up.

I grabbed a piece of paper and pencil and copied down the answers from the board.

"Mackenzie, problem ten, please?" She asked. Crap, what am I going to do? Just then, her phone started to ring. "Okay, you can do it when I'm off the phone."

I tapped my pencil on my desk, waiting anxiously for myself to fail.

"Kenzie!" I heard a whisper behind me.

"Yeah, Isaac?" I asked the boy I have talked to a few times.

"Didn't do your homework?" He asked.

"Psh, yes I did." I said.

"No you didn't." He laughed.

"Shut up, yes I did."

"Whatever. Here, take mine and copy it. You better hurry before she's off the phone."

"Thanks." I smiled and copied down his homework.

"Alright, miss Mackenzie." She said when she hung up the phone.

I walked up to the board and worked out the problem easily. I also got an A on my homework, thanks to Isaac. Pretty soon it was time for lunch, which means it's free period.