Chapter Fourteen

Mackenzie's POV

"Maddie!" I yelled as I ran upstairs. "Don't do it!"

I opened the door and stopped in my tracks. My hand shot to my mouth as I gasped.

"M-Maddie? Why?" I dropped to my knees and crawled towards her.

"I love you, brat." She whispered.

"Josh! Call an ambulance!" I yelled. "Maddie, you'll be okay. We're gonna get the blood cleaned up and you'll be fine." I smiled trying to keep my tears in.

"Be strong, for me." She smiled before her eyes closed.

"Maddie? No! You're life was perfect! You had everything to live for! Perfect boyfriend who didn't do anything! An amazing gift for dance! A family who cares about you! You think you had it hard? You didn't have parents who abuse you! You didn't only have one friend! You didn't have everybody forget your name! You didn't have a sister who was better than you at everything. You didn't have to work every day of your life to try to even be close to how perfect she is! You-"

"Mackenzie." Someone grabbed my shoulder. I turned to see some people with uniforms on.

"How do you know my name?" I demanded.

"Mackenzie, please-"

"I said how do you know my name?" I asked again.

"Listen," he touched my shoulder again, "we-"

"Don't touch me!" I screamed.

"We need to know what happened to Maddie."

"You mean she's officially.... Dead? You can't save her?" Tears rushed down my face.

"Yes. We're sorry. Now can you please just explain to us w-"

"No! No, no, no, no, no!" I pushed the person and ran down the stairs.

"Mackenzie!"

I pushed away all the sounds and voiced and ran out the front door. I ran as fast as I could. I don't know where I'm going but I need to get away.

Votes and comments

💙Cailee