Chapter Twenty Six

Logan's POV

Today's the day. Today's the big day. I grab my phone and text Mackenzie.

-Hey, I'll be there in 10. Ok?-

She quickly responded.

-Oh... Ok!-

I searched through my closet and picked out gray shorts and a blue flannel. I put on black vans and slicked back my hair. I grabbed a blanket and my wallet. I brushed my teeth and headed out the door.

I finally showed up at the orphanage and snuck back to Mackenzie's room. I quietly knocked and waited for her to answer.

"Hey. You look nice." She smiled.

"Thanks, so do you." I smile back. She was wearing a pink tank top with a white razor back, black short shorts, and black converse. "Are you ready?" I asked.

"Where are we going and what's with the blanket?" She asked.

"It's a surprise." I took her hand and led her to the beach.

"I used to love coming here when I was little with Maddie." She smiled.

"Did you guys swim?" I asked.

"All the time." She answered.

"Well, c'mon!" I laughed.

"Excuse me?" Her eyes widened.

"We're gonna go for a swim."

"How? We don't have bathing suits on!"

"So? C'mon!" I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder.

"Logan, let me down!" She screeched.

"No!" I laughed as I ran into the water. It was freezing! I threw Mackenzie in and she shivered.

"Uhh, I hate you!" She yelled.

"Haha, let's go!" I said as I picked her up again and ran out of the water. "Want to get ice cream?"

"Do you realize how cold we would be?" She said seriously.

"Don't be a baby!" I joked.

"Fine then, ice cream it is!" She smiled.

I led her to the ice cream cart and we ordered.

"Strawberry please!" She said.

"Chocolate for me." I smiled.

"Here you go. Two dollars please." The man said as he handed us our ice creams.

"Here. Thank you!" I said as I handed him the two dollars.

We walked along the board walk for a bit.

"This ice cream is making me freezing!" She laughed.

"That's where this blanket comes in handy!" I laughed as I gently put the blanket around her.

"Close your eyes." I whispered.

"Whyyyy?"

"Just do it." I grinned as she closed her eyes.

I walked over to a shop on the boardwalk and bought a white rose. I put it behind my back as I walked back to where Mackenzie was standing.

"Open." I said.

"What's behind your back?" She giggled.

"Um, it's a rose." I said shyly, my cheeks heating.

"A rose?" She questioned.

"Um, Mackenzie, w-will you be my g-girlfriend?" I choked out.

"Are you being serious?" She asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be serious?"

"Well, how could you like me?"

"Mackenzie, you're beautiful. You're amazing in every way. Everything about you is just perfect, everything from your gorgeous eyes, to your small size four feet." I couldn't help but laugh.

"How do you know how small my feet are?" She giggled.

"I have my ways. But Mackenzie, I really like you, a lot, you're perfect. I wouldn't lie to a gorgeous girl like you, I promise." I smiled as she looked down at her feet.

"How do I know I can t-trust you?"

I placed my fingers on her chin as I tilted it up. I stared into her gorgeous eyes before I placed a gentle kiss on her pink lips.

"Do you trust me now?" I smiled.

"Yes." She smiled back.

"So, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked once again.

"Yes." She smiled. I placed another kiss on her soft lips before grabbing her hand and continuing to walk on the boardwalk.

Awww. Logan and Kenzie<3 what should their ship name be??? Comment!!
💙Cailee