Chapter Sixteen

Mackenzie's POV

"Do you feel relaxed?" Dr. Payson asked.

"Yes. I feel...... amazing."

"Good. That's what it's supposed to do."

"Uh, Mackenzie's awake?" A boy asked, must be Logan.

"Yes, I have her on some medicine so she might be a little loopy."

"Well, that's not to good. There's some officers here that want to ask some questions about her sister."

"Oh, okay. I'll go down and talk to them then we'll come back up. Stay here and keep an eye on her." He said pointing to me.

"Hey there, Mackenzie. How are you feeling?" The dark haired boy asked.

"Are you Logan?" I asked rudely.

"Yes," He chuckled, "I am Logan."

"You have really pretty eyes. Did you know that?" I giggled.

"Um, I didn't know brown eyes could be pretty but thanks." He blushed.

"How old are you?"

"Fifteen."

"No way! You're a year older than me."

"You're fourteen?" I shook my head and smiled. "Not to be rude but you're super short!"

"No, you're just really tall."

"Mackenzie, these officers need to talk to you." Dr. Payson said.

"Um, okay." I smiled.

"She's on medicine so she could be loopy."

"Oh, believe me, she is." Logan laughed.

"May I speak to Mackenzie alone please?" A man with a deep voice asked.

"Uh, yeah." Logan replied.

"Yes, sir." Dr. Payson said.

"So, Mackenzie, um, you're Mackenzie Ziegler, correct?" He asked. "I'm officer Owens, but you can call me Steven.

"Yes, that's me. Nice to meet you."

"Madison Ziegler was your sister?"

"Was?" I squeaked.

"We're sorry."

"I-it's okay." Tears filled my eyes but I refused to let them out.

"You and Joshua Hyland were the only two witnesses at the house when Madison, you know. Joshua will not speak, he is a bad condition, a state of shock. I didn't expect you to be much better but you are very much better. I don't expect you to say yes but may we ask some questions?"

"Y-yes."

"Good, thank you." He smiled. "We checked her phone, we saw that message she sent you. Where were you when she sent that?"

"Free period at school. Josh and I were talking." I responded.

"Okay. What did you two do when you saw that message?"

"Basically just ran out, got into his car, and raced to my house."

"Good. What did you see when you got home? It's okay, Mackenzie, you can tell me."

"Um, I-I ran upstairs with J-Josh. I ran into her r-room. Blood, um, there was a lot of b-blood. Her wrist were b-basically just spilling b-blood." I bit my lip to try to stop my tears from falling but it did no help. The image from that day made them rush down my moist face.

"Steven, that's enough." Another officer said from the door.

"Okay, you're right. She's had enough for one day. One more question. What was Joshua's and Madison's relationship? As I said, he wouldn't talk."

"Boyfriend. No, ex-boyfriend. I don't know. Josh broke up with her but it really w-wasn't him s-so I don't know t-to be honest with y-you."

"Okay, thanks. Take it easy, Ms. Ziegler."

"Y-you too." I said.