Chapter 9: Precious Sun

The bright sun shines down on the open hotel cafe, where (Y/n) and four of her male friends sit to eat their breakfast. The cafe looks like something from France, with beautiful lacy parasols on the table, and flowers surrounding the place.

'Seriously, this hotel has a cafe as well as a four restaurants?' The female had remarked to herself as soon as she layed eyes on the place. 'Wow... How rich are these guys?'

(Y/n) glances up at the brunette boy in front of her, who is calmly buttering a toasted bagel for his breakfast, along with a bowl of fresh berries. His green eyes blink up at the female as he notices her gaze on him.

"Do you want some?" Jin asks the girl shyly, holding out the bagel in his hand, and (Y/n) quickly shakes her head in response.

"Oh, no it's okay, thanks." The female looks around the table to steal glances of the other guys. There is Alex and Bako at the far side of the table, with their impressive-looking breakfasts, seemingly in a deep conversation. Ren is staring at the girl intently, making her shudder a little.

"Eat your food up, (Y/n)." The coal-haired guy tells her, continuing to smile at the female, before turning to his own food. (Y/n) nods at him slowly but politely, and she stares down at her plate, happy that it is food from the pre-payed, unlimited buffet.

'At least I don't have to worry about them paying too much for what I eat...'

The (h/c) hair coloured grins at her favourite breakfast, about to take a bite of food when suddenly, her eye catches on to a certain crimson-haired male approaching the table. As soon as everyone sees Kaito, with his red hair slighty ruffled and a scowl in place, the others all shoot sneaky looks around the table.

The grumpy intellectual huffs, walking over to the buffet to get his breakfast, without suspecting a thing.

"Haha, he has no idea that we know his dirty secret with Ryo." Bako smirks, and Ren laughs in approval.

"Hey, (Y/n), you have the photo ready, right?" The female nods at the azure male, holding up her phone. A mischievous smile spreads across her lips. Even Jin and Alex smile in their consent.

Kaito returns with his plate, unaware of the knowing looks from his friends at the table, shot in his direction. Ren winks at the female, ready to expose their scarlet-haired friend.

"So, Kaito... Get a good night's sleep?" The coal-haired male asks casually, but with a sneaky grin plastered on his face. The intellectual puts down the cup of orange juice on he has in his hands, and pushes up his glasses.

'He won't be that chilled for long.'

"No, not really." The crimson-haired male says vaguely.

"Are you sure?" (Y/n) holds up her phone after answering the male's response (If you know, ya know ;D) "It seems to me that you and Ryo had a great sleep!"

On the female's phone is a picture of the incident that occurred that morning, an adorable, but cringy, pic of Ryo curled up beneath Kaito's arm as they sleep together...

On the balcony floor.

Kaito's teal eyes flash as soon as he snatches a glance at the photo, and he ducks his head down in sheer shame and embarrassment, unable to keep his cool composure. The azure male, the coal-haired and the girl break out into endless laugher at Kaito's reaction- even Jin and Alex start to smirk as soon as they see the photo and are reminded of the earlier events that occurred before.

A light pink blush is prettily dusted on the crimson-haired male's cheeks, and he trembles with anger that his pride has taken a knocking.

"H-hey Kaito... It's a bit of a strange situation, isn't it?" Bako tells the infuriated boy between laughs, testing the intellectual's temper. "I mean, the balcony floor-"

"Shut up!" Kaito hisses beneath his breath, slamming his hands down on the table in frustration, but attempting to control his voice for the sake of the other guests surrounding them.

Eventually, the laughter dies down, but each person has the image permanently burnt in their head. Kaito sulks and attempts to regain his pride and cool composure, isolated from everyone else on the table.

As she speaks to Alex, (Y/n) notices Kaito's icy mood, and feels a little sympathy for the embarrassed intellectual. She attempts to cheer him up, although Alex had tried to stop the girl.

"Just leave him, (Y/n)." The magenta boy had ordered, pleading in his eyes, but the (h/c) female simply suggested that Alex speaks to Bako instead, mistaking the male's plea.

The azure and the magenta male watch the kind (Y/n) try to make the intellectual smile again, and their hearts swell with pride for the girl, as well as jealously...

But hurt and rejection make them suffer painfully as they smile through the loss of the girl they both love.

Bako watches, his azure eyes softening at the scene before him.

"I thought you look pretty good-looking without your glasses..." He hears the girl offer hopefully, and the azure male's heart slowly breaks.

'Once again, the sun gives out light to the planets that orbit around her... The ones desperate for her light...'

'(Y/n)... Don't you see me standing here? Living off of your every source of love and affection...?'

"Hey... It's okay." A voice cuts into the azure male's thoughts. Alex.

"He's just doing his job, making her happy." The magenta guy says simply, before walking away from the torturing scene.

Bako slowly nods at the boy, but his heart raves in bitter anger. Alex could never understand his struggle. Does he even really love (Y/n)?

Bako sighs and turns his gaze towards the rest of his friends.
.
.
.
"Angel, are you okay now?" The blonde boy asks (Y/n) after he finally arrives at the cafe. Although he longs to, Ryo doesn't dare lay a finger on the girl until she gives consent.

(Y/n) cocks her head to the side, smiling slightly, confused at the male's question. Then the events from last night dawn on the girl. The awful dream of being choked, shouting at Ryo in fear, and then him telling the girl a bedtime story.

(Y/n) only manages to briefly recall parts of Ryo comforting her, but she remembers being choked perfectly. It felt to realistic to be a dream; the female could still feel an ache on her neck when she woke up. But it couldn't have been real because the room felt different- and so did Ryo.

Could this have been a flashback?

"Oh yeah... I'm okay." (Y/n) finally responds to the awaiting male "Thank you for your help last night."

She hears the relieved words coming from Ryo, and the pull under her feet as she is embraced in a hug, but it all feels like a blur.

"So, Ryo. How was your morning?"

She hears her friends laugh, and the girl obediently laughs along with them, however she doesn't encounter anything around her.

There is only one question running through her mind.

'Was the dream I had last night... A flashback?'