Chapter 10: Heat

"It's too hot in here!" Ryo whines as he opens the big hotel room window that all of the guys and girl shared. He steps outside into the balcony, where the sun is throwing down rays of sunshine, only to wail in louder frustration.

Bako leans back on the sofa, his arms propped behind his sonic-blue head with his eyes shut, wearing some shorts and a thin tank top, dressed similar to the other boys. Sat beside him is Jin and (Y/n), watching The Conjuring 2 on Jin's phone, sharing his earphones together.

Kaito and Ren are busy in the mini kitchen, busy pouring out cold orange juice for everyone to soothe the irritating heat.

"What's the temperature now, Jin?" Bako mutters tiredly to the brunette beside him, who is busy curled up with (Y/n), both of them intently watching the scary movie on Jin's phone. The green-eyed male sighs, pausing the film before reading out the temperature to the azure male.

"37 degrees"

As Jin quickly unpauses the movie, all the other males groan at the answer he gave. Ryo especially covers his head and drops into the floor, complaining about the scorching temperature, and for once not being dramatic.

Ren sighs and walks over to the blonde, sympathetically offering him a glass of cold orange juice, which in return, Ryo instantly sprints to his feet and gratefully takes the drink from the coal-haired guy. Ren simply shrugs, travelling around the room to offer everyone else the drinks as well.

Approaching tiredly from Room 3, Alex aimlessly enters the shared lounge, dragging his feet a little as the heat tortured his mind and body with it's absurdly high temperature. The magenta guy glances over, with his usual mindless stare, towards the brunette and the (h/c) haired female, their eyes fixated on the phone screen. Alex watches the girl thoughtfully, noticing her facial expressions become more intense as the scene unravels before her and Jin's eyes.

Suddenly, (Y/n) jolts back, yelping as the overwhelming suspense of the film, and the unexpected scary events, flash on the screen. Immediately, every male, except for Jin and Alex who already had their focus on the female, swivel their attention towards the suprised girl.

Jin starts to laugh at (Y/n)'s reaction, breaking the silence between everyone as they try to register what happened. "I think that's enough now.' Jin switches off his phone, and sighs, leaning against the sofa beside Bako.

The suffocating heat endures every person in the room, allowing difficulty in breathing and great discomfort. Every being is still for a moment, until finally, the intellectual snaps out of the faze, turning his sights towards the air vent.

"Stupid air vent is too hot to even function." Kaito scowls. He impatiently drums his fingers on the mini-kitchen desktop, as if waiting for something to happen. Eventually, it does as Alex bluntly suggests that they all go to the museum, seeing as the outside is too warm to do anything, and the museum has air conditioning-to everyone's relief.
.
.
.
"Wow... Look at this place." (Y/n) stares around her, peering at the vintage walls, which seem to go on forever, scattered with magnificent paintings. The (h/c) girl breathes in the dusty, ancient scent surrounding her, and she peers around the vast gallery.

"I'm surprised no one else is here,"
(Y/n) ponders "The whole museum seems empty." The words drip from the girl's tongue like sweet honey, however it unexpectedly sets each of the male's on edge. Panicking a little, Ren tries to smooth out the female's light suspicions.

"No no, my muse." The raven male insists reassuringly, going to attempt a kiss on the girl's hand, but just about holding himself back. "They must be at the beach, enjoying the hot weather." Ren looks around at his friends for support, and Ryo and Jin nod eagerly in response. They only raise the girl's suspicions further.

She considers mentioning their strange behaviour, and sighs, deciding to drop the subject.

'I've already had enough of a hectic holiday, what with me fainting, having strange flashbacks and dreaming Ryo choked me...' The female inwardly shudders to herself at the creepy memory.

'I have no energy to ask and cause more suspicions... I'll just stay quiet.'

(Y/n) slowly walks to the far distance of the room as she takes in her surroundings. There, she sees the azure male, gazing at the paintings handing from the walls. He gasps around him in amazement and awe, and the female smiles, happy to see her friend so intrigued with the paintings.

"It's amazing, isn't it?" (Y/n) says, grinning up at the azure hair-coloured male. He eagerly studies the paintings for the last time, then hesitantly drags his gaze towards the talking person.

Bako's sonic-blue eyes light up at the sight of the girl, and after flashing a smile at the girl, he quickly turns his sights back to the paintings. "Yeah..." he murmurs. (Y/n) swallows back a scowl at his lame response, regretting even talking to the guy. She tries not to be annoyed that he is ignoring her.

'Bako's just enjoying himself... I should just leave him.'

"(Y/n), Bako... Hurry up!"

Suddenly, Kaito's voice echoes out into the gallery, breaking the quiet atmosphere, and the two jerk their heads around in suprise to see the annoyed intellectual, standing impatiently beside a huge door with a brass nob.

(Y/n) shrugs, awkwardly making her way towards Kaito, when out of nowhere, a firm grip snatches onto the girl's arm. She instantly turns in suprise, coming face to face with the azure male. A faint look of guilt flushes on his sharp-featured face.

'I'm so selfish... Thinking about what I want...' Bako thinks to himself 'My feelings do not matter...'

"Hey, (Y/n)" The girl looks up at the taller male, his azure eyes snagging onto hee (e/c) ones. "Let's go together, okay?"

The female's face breaks into a smile.

"Sure."

A/n: Sorry for being offline, school started again and other things as well, but I hope you enjoy this chapter! I'll update the next part when it this chapter gets to 5 votes?

So, if you like it, please vote? I'll return :)

~Hika-chan