Chapter 29: Save Me

Chapter 29: Save me

A sharp, painful shock takes over Alex as soon as his body hits the surface of the water, most likely due to the freezing temperature; possibly due to the shards of glass and metal scattered in the dark blue water. Though the endless waves the male swarms in belong to a swimming pool, it may as well be a sea, due to the endless amount of water everywhere. It's frightening.

The male gets to work. His body swiftly cutting through the navy nightmare, and his face concentrated, Alex skims through the water, surrounded by the chunky, smashed pieces from the cover, floating around him. The scenery around him reminds the boy of a night sky: the shards surrounded in an inky night sky, due to the blackness of the water. It could almost seem calming, if every move wasn't so painful, and the pool wasn't so endlessly huge.

Suddenly, as Alex roams the water deeper, his limbs growing tired from the swimming, the atmosphere around him turns to a dark crimson, floating around him like a ribbon. The magenta-eyed male frowns in confusion and slight disgust.

'What is that?'

'It reminds me of that horror movie that I once watched with Jin... The water had suddenly turned red, just like this...'

'Is that... blood?'

Panic storming through his body, the teenager slowly turns his head to face his body, only to be left in entire shock. Plastered all over his tanned complexion are cuts: some small, seeping the crimson liquid in every direction, while some are large and oozing. They scatter his body scarily; over his arms, his legs, his stomach- like some sort of disease.

Alex's heart thunders, when out of nowhere, an overwhelming, disastrous pain seeps through his entire body slowly, causing him to cringe, grabbing his gold and maroon hair to help release the pain. The places where he is cut sting especially, making every movement impossible for the male. He closes his magenta eyes in frustration and pain, wanting to sink to the bottom and die, just so the pain can stop. The chemicals, such as chlorine, burn his body, gloved in wounds.

He stops abruptly, instantly snapping open his purple-red orbs at the sudden vision that had recently occurred in his mind.

(Y/n). (Y/n) is down there, possibly alive, possibly awake... experiencing even more immense pain than he is. Perhaps a large amount of glass struck her while the cover was in the process of being smashed- the horrors Alex's mind as he winces, desperately propelling himself deeper, slowly being swallowed up by the murky, dark water.
.
.
.
The day had been hectic. Miraculously, Alex had managed to get himself and (Y/n) safely above the water, out of the swimming pool glittering with spiky shards of glass. It had taken him fifteen minutes to get the two of them back to safety, due to the fact that the maroon-eyed boy had numerous cuts and deep, vicious wounds gloved throughout his entire exhausted body.

For an extremely lucky reason, the female in question arrived above the water safely, her body free from a single injury- excluding the fact that her knuckles were cut and bruised from punching against the pool cover- and was in no way harmed by the glass orbiting everywhere in the water.

Alex shudders in his towel, draped around him like a cloak, as he stares out to the pool spread a few feet in front of him.

13 ft deep underwater. -And he had survived.

No, we have survived.

Sat shivering beside him is the (h/c)-coloured female, hunched together to preserve body heat. She slips her own towel around her, leaning onto the male a little so that their shoulders brush against each other.