Chapter 35: Sleeping Angels

The short trip back home is silent, as the female and her six guy friends solemnly trudge through the streets, the cold night air causing goosebumps to run up and down (Y/n)'s bare legs. She shivers, pulling down her mint blue shorts, anxiously skipping her feet a little to catch up with the other males, who's legs being longer than hers, all seem to stride far ahead of her. (Y/n) anxiously follows the boys, trailing behind them a little, not daring to interrupt the fragile wall of silence isolated around each one of her friends, afraid that she could stir a possible uproar.

As Kaito gruffly unlocks the hotel-suite door, the six boys all storm inside, Bako being the last of the males to enter the room, and to the (h/c) hair-coloured girl's surprise and hurt, the cobalt-eyed boy suddenly slams the door shut in the female's face before she has even managed to enter the room. 

She gasps slightly in disbelief and confusion, staring at the firmly shut door with sad (e/c) orbs, hearing inside the room the cluttering and slamming of doors from the other guys, all most likely entering their own rooms. Slowly, her hand curls around the brass door knob, and gently twists it open, allowing herself into the suite that she shares with her friends. Feet leading her to the outside of Room 4, (Y/n) enters the beautiful, rose-gold room.

(Y/n) slumps onto her comfy foot stool, staring at herself in the mirror, before sighing. "I look wasted." She says dismally, examining her puffy, red (e/c) orbs and chapped lips, her short (h/c) hair sticking up in all different directions. "I could definitely use a shower." 

Peeling off yesterday's clothing off her weary body, as if tearing away the days hassles and stress, (Y/n) grabs a soft cotton towel and silky pajamas, padding along to the bathroom.

Although the man she had supposedly loved is dead, the female feels guilty acknowledging that she does not feel any ounce of sadness or grief anymore, especially considering the fact that he had sacrificed his life for her. At the beginning of Ash's death, the girl had felt nothing but waves of sorrow simmer from her body, and it had felt like the tears she said could never be stopped. However, now the (e/c)-eyed girl feels no emotion when the smoky-haired boy comes to her mind; a very concerning thought to think consider.

"Ash is dead because of you, (Y/n)." The female wistfully says to herself while applying fruity shampoo to her jaw-length locks. "You should feel devastated, full of guilt..."

A small shadow of a disturbing smile spreads across her lips, as the female feels her arms stop massaging her scalp. "But somehow, I don't feel any pain or remorse anymore. Why is that?" She questions.

As the hot water runs through the girl's body to her back, rinsing away the suds, the girl unconsciously smiles a little more. "I saw a human being die in front of you, shouldn't I feel a little... broken?" 

"Yes... I do feel mentally broken... but not... in a tragic way... I feel.... I feel uplifted!"

The water suddenly becomes burning hot, and (Y/n) yelps, instantly snapping herself out of the dark conversation that she has been having with herself. Tutting, the girl climbs out of the shower, patting her clean skin dry with a towel, before slipping on her silk pajamas, wrapping the towel around her head.

A few hours pass by, as (Y/n) yawns, brushing off the thoughts that she had experienced before. "I didn't really know Ash that well, that's why I don't miss him." She insists to herself, "Besides, I had no idea that  Ash would sacrifice himself for me like that, I'm definitely not the fault of his death."

As the (e/c)-eyed girl innocently shrugs, a certain male carefully listens outside of the door to the whole conversation that (Y/n) had been having with herself. His fists clench with fury at her last words.