Chapter 14: Starlight

A/n: So this chapter is a lot like the scene from Ouran HSHC, when Haruhi is pushed from the cliff and Tamaki rescues her.

I needed another scene like this, so I made a similar one XD

The girl opens her eyes, feeling warmth pressed against her shivering frame. (Y/n) expects to see the cold hospital sheets and the machines beside her resting body, however to her surprise, there isn't.

Ryo effortlessly carries the girl, bridal style, through the shallow turquoise waves- now beneath their feet. The sun melting into a beautiful, ombre sunset, painted with vivid colours of gold and crimson red. The two look majestic as the blonde male carefully cradles the girl to shore.

(Y/n)'s (h/c) hair flutters a little in the breeze, tickling the guy's face, but Ryo seems not to mind. He looks proud for rescuing the female. but angry at the same time.

Confusion runs through the girl, an emotion now very familiar to her. Just a minute ago, she was sure she was in a hospital bed. But now, she's back at the beach, in Ryo's arms.

The female is too tired to panic, and too used to feeling confused anyway. Besides, (Y/n) hasn't got the time to think about her current presence at the beach, there are other, more significant things to deal with.

Like why Bako had tried to kill (Y/n), but pushing her into the sea...

Betrayl and sadness pang at (Y/n)'s heart once more as she is reminded of the brutal memory, but the girl tells herself to remain calm. She awkwardly looks up at the male carrying her, who hasn't noticed that (Y/n) has woken up yet.

The (h/c) female clears her throat, catching the blonde male's attention. He turns his brown eyes onto the girl, his gaze still cold.

"Your finally awake, angel?" Ryo beckons, averting his eyes as soon as he notices that (Y/n) is still in a bikini. He grudges a little as he walks along, his feet crunching a little as he walks.

"Umm, yeah." The girl responds lamely. She wriggles in the blonde guy's grip, attempting to fold her arms over her chest as a means of a little modesty, only to fail miserably. Ryo has her arms trapped in his grip so that she's unable to move them properly.

"Ryo... You can put me down now, thanks." (Y/n) politely demands, however the male shakes his head.

"I think you'll be safer here." (Y/n) sighs, wondering why the blonde is being so hostile towards her. She shoos the thought away.

'I need to confirm that Bako did try to kill me, so I'm going to have to ask Ryo.' The female quickly plans in her head.

"Ryo?" The male swallows annoyance, exhausted from swimming all the way to rescue the female, and now too tired to answer any questions. He cocks his head at the female, attempting to make direct eye contact.

(Y/n) opens her mouth to ask the question, then shuts it again, noticing how exhausted Ryo must be from rescuing her. "Thank you. Thank you for saving my life. I... Really mean it."

Immediate guilt seeps through the blonde as he finally smiles at the girl sympathetically.

'How could I be so cruel and hostile towards (Y/n), when she has done nothing wrong? The people who should be paying for this are Kaito and Bako...' The male growls in his head.

Suddenly, Ryo swings the girl around into a warm embrace, making her squeal at the unexpected movement. He crouches down a little to rest his head in her shoulder, taking the girl by surprise. "I-I'm so sorry, Angel. I should have never treated you like that."

The suprised girl breaks into a laugh, stroking Ryo's blonde head as he whispers into her shoulder like an upset child. "It's fine, Ryo. Really-"

The male shakes his head vigorously, and he feels his eyes prick with tears for the girl.