05

(Edited)

    I walk out of the little room I was in. The team turn to look at me.

"I like the new you" M'gann says and everyone nods

" Yeah well Batman replaces all my weapons with new ones, better ones that aren't as.......deadly"

" Yeah we don't kill" Superboy blurts

" I know, I wouldn't want to"

" We know" Artemis backs me up and they nod turning back to the front, I mouth a thank you and she smiles. I take a spot by Robin towards the front.

" So we have 4 museums to cover and are gonna split off into teams, Wally and Artemis are Gonna take one, Superboy and Miss M, I will go solo-"

" That leaves me and you" I smirk and he nods I see his face heat up and I lean back in my chair. We near the first stop.

" Alright Aqualad ready..........drop" Miss M opens a hole in the ship and Aqualad drops onto the roof of the museum. then we drop off Wally and Artemis, Then Me and Robin are next. We near our Museum.

" Ready?" we nod and stand by the opening

" Drop!" we both drop out, soaring through the air I dive down but spread my arms out allowing me to slow down. I land on a kneel and Robin somersaults onto the roof. A glowing screen appears from his wrist

" I will scan the building and see the best area to watch and stake out" I stay silent.

I pull my hood up. " Done, we will go in this way"

He walks to a vent and pulls the top off. I follow behind him. We drop down neither of us making a sound. We crawl through the little shaft.

" Here we can see the whole area right here" He says stopping

I look through the crate on the side of the shaft and he was right. I sit down and pull my legs to my chest. We sat in awkward silence for a moment before he spoke

" So what's your favorite color?" I laugh quietly " Blue" He looks at my suit " The. You should add some blue"

" No it's ok I like being in the shadows undetectable"

" Oh well what is your favorite type of food?" He says jumping away from the topic

" Um...... Favorite type is Mexican but my favorite food is pizza, it is typical but I love Pizza, Pepperoni to be exact" He chuckles quietly.

" Yeah pizza is pretty awesome" we laugh together then hear a loud slam.

We both snap our heads to the vent across the way, two boys are in the Museum. They stand there for a few moments, one has blue hair and the other has brown. I glance at Robin and he is studying them as well.

" Should we attack?" I question looking at him. He is staring intensely at them. It aloud the shadows to cross his face, the soft glow illuminating his strong jaw line.

" Maybe we should talk to them, I mean get them out, they are two boys, plus they aren't doing any damage" I try again fixing my gaze back onto the guys. It takes Robin a moment to mull it over. I can tell he is running the scenarios over in his head.

" lets's try talking first" I nod and we both kick out the shaft door. It falls to the ground with a clank. We both drop down and the boys heads over to us. Smirking they walk over to us. I get a bit nervous. Why would they be smiling, I take a weary step back. The blue haired one walks up to me

" Well look a new member." I furrow my eyebrows. He didn't sound surprised more like sarcastic?

" What do you m-" I was cut off by him grabbing my arm and throwing my with ease across the room. I bite back the urge to scream, can't show weakness.

I flip in the air and land on my feet. " SHADOW!" Robin yells

" I'm good!" I yell running back to the blue haired boy. I take out my staff and detach it making two tinier staffs, one for each hand. I go to hit him, he easily blocks it but I jab his stomach.

He grunts and it doesn't seem to affect him. I glance over at Robin who seems to be dancing around with his kid. I look back to mine. He is doubled over. Holding his stomach. I take my moment and jump flipping over landing on his back, I kick off his back making him fly forward.

   He slides across the floor. He isn't moving, I cautiously move towards him. He stands up turning around, HIS HAND IS A FRICKEN GUN. I run and jump. Taking cover behind a stand. I feel heat. I try my best not to move cause this puller was so tiny. The heat subsides and I take my shoot. I sprint to a safer distance. I feel a fireball hit my back, luckily my cape is fire proof, but I get knocked forward.

" Who are these guys"

" I don't kn- arggg" I look over to Robin he is laying on the floor.

" ROBINNNNN" I try to run to help him but am knocked back. I slide along the floor.

" Why, Why am I am always thrown" I
complain rubbing my back. I stand back up and pull my staff out again. I press the button and it extends. He charges at me, I run at him doing a flip above him I kick his head and he stumbles forward.

   I hit his back with my staff. He falls all the way forward, I take my chance and tie his hands begins his back. I look over to see Robin struggling, he seems to have a cut on his leg, it looks bad, I rush over to his side to help. Just as he is about to get hit. I catch the boys punch and twist it. Robin jumps up kicking his face. He falls to the floor and ties his hands.

" Nice teamwork, he caught me of guard a few times when I would look to check on you."

He soon realizes his mistake and his blush matches mine. We both stand there awkwardly for a while.

" Police ,freeze" the police were hear on the other side of the front doors.

Robin shoots a line straight up and grabs me pulling me close we both glide up. I open the glass roof.We land on the roof. I look below us and see the police running in.

* Come on guys* Miss Martian says in my head and we look up to see the bioship. A hole opens in the bottom of the ship and it lands. Robin runs in and I take one last look at the two boys below me. I sigh and follow behind Robin.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We return to the cave and explain to Batman what happened. Apparently everyone had similar issues.

" They were similar to our simulations"

Artemis points out "Even Wally was taken out" Wally huffs and turns away

" took me and Superboy out" M'gann adds and Batman looks deep in thought. I glance at Robin who has a wrap around his leg. I look up to his eyes. Our eyes meet and I quickly look away.

" Was there anything else off?" Batman finally asks. I think about the fight. I don't think so..........

" Wait I didn't think about it before" I say realizing something. Everyone turns to me

" The kids they didn't steal anything, they stood there, then when me and Robin jumped down they were...... expecting us"

" It was the same with us the two girls were almost glad we showed up" M'gann says

" Wait Superboy got his butt beat by a girl"
Wally laughs. Superboy groans "Thanks M'gann"

We all laugh. Batman walks away.

"You are all dismissed" He says and leaves through the Zeta Beam. I decide to get in some more training. I walk to the platform and turn on simulation 9.

' Simulation 9 vs Shadow' I pull out my staff and twist in in my hands. I get ready as the simulation starts.