027

Arriving at the cave I was on top of the world. I felt amazing but Dick stood there staring at me in my new outfit. He frowned and walked away. I sigh and watch as he angrily leaves. I change quickly in my room and scurry down the hall. I stood outside Dick's room and knocked once. He didn't say anything so I open his door. I could hear his shower running and sigh to myself. I knew he was angry with me and I didn't blame him.

First I left without telling him where, then I ignored his text and last I took a suit from Batman and went after the Joker. The clown Prince of crime! The evil Jester! What was I thinking. But if I hadn't gone I don't know what I would have done.

I waited a minute then ultimately decided to leave. I sat in my room then decided to head downstairs for some food.

"Hey Alfred" I greet and he smiles

"Miss Hathaway, what can I do?"

"I am hungry!" I whine and open the fridge. He nods and starts getting out different things I sit on the island and swing my legs

"I will make a snack for you and Master Dick" I nod again and get up and walking back up the stairs. I was half way up when I crossed paths with Dick. He gives a look and I grab his arm.

"Dick talk to me please!" I plead and he stops turning to me, he was in a sweater and pants he looked nice.

"Why? I have told you before about the Joker and what's like fighting him and Batman! I saw the news, you then ignored me when I reached out!" I look down and he takes my hand

"Arianna! I am so done with it all" I could tell he wasn't just angry at me but with everything. I need to be there for him. I take his hand and lead him to his room. Alfred made our snack and we ate it in silence. I eventually sat beside Dick and hugged him. He leaned into me and I ran my hand through his hair.

I could tell he was stressed and I was making it worse. Dick sat up and popped a grape in his mouth before turning to me. He wrapped me in his arm and we laid down. My head was on his chest and my arms around his waist.

"What can I do?" I ask and he hugs me tighter

"Just lay here with me" I think that is most vulnerable thing I have heard him say so I tighten my hug.