07

(Edited)

     I lay in my bed recovering. I felt sick but pushed the felling down. School was soon, my eye has healed a bit there is a black and blue mark on my leg but thankfully the high socks included in my uniform hides it.

My face though?...... I will have to use some concealer to hide the mark. I am trying to fall asleep. But my mind drifts to Robin.

  After the while incident on the roof and the apology, I like him, and I admit it. But not to him. He is nice and gentle and silly and makes my heart skip a beat and always knows how to make me laugh there is something about him that makes me smile.

His smile makes me have butterflies. His jokes make me laugh. I may not know who he is behind the mask but it doesn't matter right now all I know is that I like him.

Robins POV
*Before the Attack*

I hear her door open and duck behind the wall. She could not know I was outside her door, to nervous to knock and talk to her. She was pretty. No gorgeous! The way her brown hair falls to her mid back and is almost always straight, and those eyes, I could stare at them forever. The deep blue that reminds me of the ocean.

She is only a few inches shorter than me, but packs a punch. Her body curves in the right places, she is tan and her suit fits her perfectly. She fights with ease. I think I like her but I only just meet her. I follow behind Arianna. She most likely can hear my footsteps but I want her to know I am here.

" Hey Robin" She says and I smirk walking by her.

We make small talk and I learn she is going to the same school as me. YES! I can move in and spend more time with her and- wait. She doesn't know who I am under the mask. We near the Zeta Tube.

" Want me to go with you" I offer and she accepts.

I want to fist pump but I play it cool and get into the Zeta Tube. We walk to the Uniform shop. We talk again and I learn a lot about her. Making her that much more interesting. When we get to the shop I get the urge to pee.

" Hey Arianna I am use the restroom be right back" She just nods and looks in awe cause of how big the shop was.

I use the bathroom then walk back out. She was with Barbara. Crap, I can't let Barbara know I am here. Maybe I can just leave? Yeah! I will see Arianna later back at the cave. I exit the shop and decide to just head home.

I was hungry and I could practically smell Alfred's cooking. I get home and Bruce is here. I ask Alfred to make some food. After I eat I chill on the couch on my phone for awhile. Batman comes in. I was confused but after he spoke my heart dropped.

" Dick, it's Arianna she was attacked"

I jump up and change into my suit we use the Zeta Tube and get the cave. We walk in and Arianna is on the floor she has a black eye and a rip in her pant leg. She is holding her stomach. She was definitely attacked and by someone powerful. I want to go to her side, Batman does instead

"Shadow what happened?"

" I was attacked! I was alone, lost and in the dark, I was vulnerable"

I could hear my heart sink. She was alone, I should have waited for her. I should have protected her.

Arianna's POV

I swing my legs over my bed. I feel a rush of pain go threw my leg. I ignore it, I have to be able to walk well for school. I half walk half limp to my door. I slide it open and walk out.

The team should be training right now. I walk the familiar path to the glowing training platform. The team was going at it. I step in. Then quickly turn back around. I limp back to my room. I changed my mind I don't wanna watch them spar.

I sit back on my bed and groan falling back. The team was going on a mission today. They were going after Sportsmaster. Apparently yesterday Red Arrow showed up and informed the team of something suspicious. But with me having a hurt leg and all I couldn't go. I could hear the clash of metal and all the grunting. I miss the team and training. I decided to take a nap and wait for the team to get back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I wake up and check the time. I was asleep for 6 hours. Oops. Now I am gonna have trouble sleeping!

I stand up and walk to the training platform. They have to be back by now. I near the main training area. I hear yelling and pick up my pace. I appear in the area.

" She put a tracker on the train and followed him on her own" I hear Red Arrows voice boom. Wait are they talking about Artemis?

" Where you that insecure you thought you had prove something by taking down Cheshire on your own?" Wally asks, hurt in his voice and Artemis looks down. I can't listen any more.

I turn and walk back the kitchen. I wonder what happened. I can ask Rob-....... I haven't talked to him since Thursday. I grab some food out of the kitchen. Conner walks in and sits beside me and puts his head down.

" Hey Super butt, what happened" I saw while shoving more cheese-its in my mouth. He laughs a bit. " First of all do not call me that, and second Artemis put a faulty tracker on a train to trick us and went after Cheshire by herself" I can't believe Artemis did that. But I am not angry at her. She felt threatened by Red Arrow. I understand that, he can be rude to Artemis at times.

" And now Red Arrow is joining the team" he says and I perk up almost choaking on my food.

" What" I croak

" Yeah I-"

" I have to talk to Artemis" I cut him off and rush out of the room. My leg is feeling 100% better. Or it may be how much I need to talk to Artemis. We have gotten closer since I arrived and she has told me all about Speedy- I mean Red Arrow. I make it to the platform and Wally and Artemis are both standing there facing away from each other.

"Artemis I need your help" I shout she looks up and smiles as if she was thanking me.

" Sorry Wally I gotta steal her" I say grabbing her arm and pull her

" Go ahead have her" He grumbles and walks through the Zeta Tube. I can see the hurt in her face.

" Her Artemis I heard" I say once we were away from everyone.

She sighs " Yeah, I didn't mean to undermine anyone, especially not Wally" She says quietly.

" But Artemis why did you do it and you have to tell me the truth!" I command and she look at me

" I had to talk to her cause I had to make sure she wasn't gonna-" I make a face saying 'Continue' She does

" I had to make sure she wasn't gonna spill the beans that I was her sister and Sportsmaster was my dad and I wanted to prove how I was a actual Archer"

My eyes soften " Artemis you are a real Archer" I reassure her and she smiles sadly

" Yeah thanks Arianna" I nod

" And you are a awesome girl" I nudge her shoulder and she looks away

" Tell Wally and the team that" She says and I nod " I will" She smiles again

" Wanna watch a marathon of something" I offer and she nods

" And Ice- cream?" She says as we walk and I giggle

" And Ice- Cream"