CHAPTER 7

Chapter Seven – What Hurts The Most

Rainella POV

When Abby walked into the trailer, I was astonished, the inside to my surprise was not just a uniformed four rows of single seats as I expected. The front half had two large sofas on either side; follow by a mini kitchen on the left and a table that could seat about 4 on the right and all the way to the back I saw the girls placing the kids on what looked like mini bunks. Once being placed on the first sofa near the front and the girls going back aboard the plane and getting Michael and Casey placing them on one bunk they all went into a door past the bunks. Mason sat in the drivers seat and the last person to enter on the trailer was Logan.

I could see him battle with himself over where to sit, next to me or across from me. Probably wanting to go on the safe side he sat across from me exhaling like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I kept my eyes trained on my hands that were resting upon each other in my lap. I could feel tears rolling down my face. I knew Logan would never hurt me, I missed him so much, there was an ache in my chest for 10 years and I am ashamed to admit it but I never once mentioned him out loud, not to the kids and even worse I had trained myself to the T, not to think about him or anyone back home. The moment my mind would even lead to a memory or thought of Logan I backed away.

He spent 10 years looking for me, but after the first 3 or 4 months I stopped thinking about him completely. It felt like it was the only way I was going to survive the life I had been dealt. Forgetting the good things from the past to keep the pain away in the present.

I didn’t want to cry, for so many reasons my mind running double speed, it seemed. When I was in pain I knew better than to let it out, even if he was not in the house at the moment he seemed to know if I let out a scream and I was punished for it later.

As I sat here across from my brother, safe from that monster I was shaking with the effort it took to hold in my cries while pain was radiating from my diaphragm.

I could no longer see my hands even though they were right in front of me; the tears blurred my vision completely.

My emotions were going haywire, I still had that poison Seth fed me in my system, the local anesthetic Abby used to help with my injuries, my sadness was causing me to cry which was in return causing more pain in my body. I felt myself being lift slowly and I knew it was Logan, he was holding me and I felt like a glass doll.

“Shhhh, I’ve got you Rainy, I’ve got you. I swear I’ll never let another bad thing happen to you.”

As I cried he just held me whispering quietly in my ear, he couldn’t figure out a way to comfort me besides what he was doing.

“Oh god… Rainy you need to breathe!!”

I could hear shouting.

“Abby!!”

He couldn’t rub my back they were covered in cuts, bruises, stab wounds, healing wounds. He couldn’t hold me tight because my ribs were still fractured and needed healing and tight bone crushing hugs was a direct hindrance.

I started to see black around the edges of my vision, everything was hurting my body was in pain overload and I couldn’t see it getting worse than this but I was wrong.

I had no energy.

I could not keep my eyes open.

I heard screaming.

Loud. 

Pain.

Pure agony.

While I heard screaming, my skin was burning, hands on me, making the intense burning feeling worsen.

I tried to will my body to move, to just throw myself down onto the bus floor.

It had never in ten years felt this bad before, it was everywhere at once, my chest, stomach, all over my skin.

I wanted to die. 

No. 

Not die, I had something to live for.

A reason.

Reasons.

I was free.

My loves, my children, the people that resided in my heart and I had held on so long for. So I thought of colors...
Sky blue... Kayla. Casey. Michael...

Dark blue... Keith. Cole...

Bluish green... Sarah. Lily. Hannah...

Hazel... Michelle. Nicole...

Brown... Logan...

All I could do was scream.

“Mate,” I whimpered in between blood curdling screams.

I’m not sure how much time passed after I spoke to when I just couldn’t hold on to my consciousness and welcomed the darkness.