CHAPTER 25

a/n: not edited

Chapter 25 – Chris POV

After signing all documents Martin and Beth all left the stage sitting next to my parents, Beth holding my mothers’ hand and my father the other. The two Elders turned to the podium, facing Logan, while I left the stage walking to the front and standing watching, meeting Martins eyes, but still I kept my face blank.

“Everyone will remain quiet and not interrupt Logan as he shares his evidence, when he is finished Alpha, ten of these people will come and speak, is that understood?” Elder Caelum said standing.

Everyone answered, nodding or giving verbal answers, “It’ll be okay love,” Derrick murmured to Adina, before leaving the stage as well. Sitting next to my father.

Logan went up to the podium, “Elders and ex-pack members, eleven years ago my sister Rainella was kidnapped from this pack, as you know I vehemently badgered most of the people sitting here. If they cannot remember I have video,” Logan said opening the laptop and plugging it into the system, the screen on the wall coming down to my left.

Logan played the video stopping when Derrick stood to tell Martin to choose, “As all of you can see, Derrick turns to his mate and asks her if it would please her that they discontinue search on my sister. A member of this pack, her own sister in fact.” He let the video play more, too when Martin gave the order, when he told everyone that night that if anyone so much as mentioned Rainy’s name that they would be kicked out, then that clip ended. I kept my eyes on Martin.

“All of you must also remember when Adina said that my sister ran away, if not here is the video,” and Logan let that one play.

“For years, I have been searching for my sister with no leads to speak of until five years ago when I came across this video,” he said in the most haunted, hollow voice I had ever heard. The video to my left started, but I didn’t watch, I refused to watch when I heard the voice. Tiny, small, crying, as some old bastard – I tuned it out, and focused on my brothers, sister, my mother and father. I concentrated on all the people in front of me, the ones that turned away, the ones that kept chanting the words, ‘oh my god, that poor child.’

“Chris,” my mother choked out, crying, shaking, my father holding onto her while in shock himself, he turned her face away, met my eyes begging me to explain. When most of the room made out that the little girl was a lookalike to my Rainy, Logan stopped the video. By now, the whispering, everyone wondering who the child was, because half realized she was much too small to be Rainy, but looked like her.

I pulled my gaze and focused on Derrick, Martin and my parents, and Derrick shot up from his seat, “That has nothing to do with my mate-”

“Sit down and don’t interrupt me,” Logan roared, the one time he dropped the mask, showing his anger.

“Elders,” Logan said his face hard and angry.

“Young Logan, I fail to see what this has to do with Adina, your sister-”

“That... she isn’t my sister Elders,” he snapped when they referred to Adina, but taking a deep breath he faced everyone continuing.