CHAPTER 8

Chapter Eight- My Happily Ever After (Anna’s POV)

I looked at the man sleeping next to me in our new home and thought about how long it had really taken to get us here.

Me, well I was almost a ninety year old werewolf that looked no older than 33, one of the perks I guess and sleeping next to me was a God of a man. The Goddess surely made him special; he’s strong, caring, and independent, a family man type that loves his family deeply and in just one short week I was going to be officially part of that family. No longer just a member in the same pack, or his older brothers wife’s little sister…

Even though we were not true mates we have love, a love that has taken many years to cultivate and was stronger in my opinion than any mate bond. My wolf Lila and I both loved Chris andafter discussing that we both wanted children we decided I would give up my wolf become human for us to be able to conceive our children and after having one or two Chris would change me back. It was painful to give up your wolf as well as to be changed instead of be one by birth but werewolves could only have their mates children unless one of the pair is human. Since Chris has Alpha blood we thought it would be better for our children, make them stronger.

As I traced the features on his face, his eyes, lips and nose I thought and dreamed of what our children would look like. Would they have my smile or his? Would they have his beautiful electric blue eyes or my dull brown ones? I was finally in a good place after the last rocky 15 or so years… Nothing was standing in our way now… not my mate or his. We belonged to a strong pack; and even though we had the whole floor in the pack house he had built a small three-bedroom cottage on the packs’ land as an engagement present, which I adored.

Almost 11 years ago my parents went to visit another Pack but never arrived or returned, which gutted my sister and I but I had Chris as well as the pack and his immediate family to help us through our loss. I also lost my little sister and although he was alive my little brother too. Logan, Rainella’s twin said that she was kidnapped and not dead but we felt the loss of her through the pack bonds just as we felt the loss of our Beta and his wife, my mother and father.

When I was 19 years old Hunters that teamed up with Rogues attacked our pack, Willowmoon; those that made it out alive ran to the nearest and strongest pack in North America, White Fire. It seemed that they had also been attacked, and when White Fire’s Alpha checked with other surrounding packs it looked like an overall surprise ambush on almost 20 packs that were up to 4 to 5 hours away, when traveling by wolf. Many packs had been nearly or completely demolished and had to merge. Our pack, Willowmoon merged with WhiteFire, which is how my sister Adina and I met Chris, his sister Lucy, Derrick and Martin, his older brothers the children of Luna Grace and Alpha Caleb.

The White Fire’s former Betas’ family as well as himself had been killed along with over 8 other families so when we were given the option to join my father was asked to be the White Fire’s new beta. After the ceremony the 150 or so people that had made it out alive of our previous pack joined as well.