Chapter 6

The next day brought no preveil to my concerns, my head still contemplating why Scorpius had, had that book. I sat aimlessly in class, lost in thought as the rest of the day passed me by.

"Albus?" Rose whispered, "Albus!" she exclaimed.

"Huh?" I mumble.

"You've been out of it all day! Eat something will you?" Rose pleads, pointing her spoon towards my food tray.

"It's lunch?" I ask blankly.

"Yes!?" She says exasperated.

"I hadn't retained a single thing today...I don't even recall going to class." I admit lifting my utensil to eat.

"When will you learn that you need to pay attention!?" Rose groans, "You barely passed last year..."

"School is not my strong suit." I grumbled.

"Doesn't mean you should just push it off and never get better!" She snaps, her spoon jabbing towards me sternly.

"Easy for you to say, you don't struggle...You don't know what it's like to actually be deficient at something academically."

"Sounds like Potter's moping about his schoolwork second day in." Scorpius taunted from down the dining hall.

Rose looked over in suspicion, glancing down to me, "Do not answer, give him nothing to work off of." She whispers, fiddling with her potatoes.

I glance over my shoulder hesitantly, my eyes deceiving me... I see Dao alongside the rest of Slytherin, cloak and all, standing behind Scorpius like another cloned minion.

"Leave him be Malfoy." I read from her lips.

Scorpius obviously ignores her and strides forward over to our table, my throat going dry and my nerves shriveling up so clearly, that about everyone could feel how unprepared I was for this confrontation.

"Potter," Scorpius spits, "Seemed a little out of it in class today, day dreaming now?" he cackles.

"What harm could day dreaming possibly do to the boy?" Rose flares up.

Scorpius snaps his head back, eyes locking onto Rose immediately, her seat becoming re-occupied as she sat back down quickly.

"Nothing wrong of it," He smirks, "just a more, feminine characteristic for the great 'Potter' to be possessing."

Outburst of laughter and giggles set off and Scorpius was clapping hand and hand to his little crowd of followers. Only Dao remaining still and not bothered by it all, staring blankly at me as she frequently checked her surroundings. She soon steps up and tugs Scorpius's sleeve, as she leans towards his ear I lost my chance to read what ever it could've been she had said to him:
But thank goodness for whatever she had said, Scorpius had scowled and glanced back to me one last time before stomping off and out of the dining hall, his minions trailing behind him.