World's Best Hug

A/N: Another Galavant inspired chapter title because I cannot name chapters on my own😂

~

We can't take her out of intensive care.

But she seems to be doing fine!

Her vitals are all over the place. It's not safe.

So what about the rest of them? Emma and Belle came here to see her and we can't let them.

We can take her out of intensive care once we can figure out why her body is acting as if she's using magic.

Well she's clearly not.

How can we be sure she's not using magic?

Why would she be using magic? And what would she be using magic on?

I don't know. I'm just saying we don't know that she's not lying about using magic.

The conversation between two doctors had been replaying in Regina's mind ever since she'd overheard it. And she had been left with only her thoughts since Robin had gone out to get dinner. Regina was used to people not believing her, and she had grown to not care. But when it was her daughter's life that was hanging in the balance...

A knock on the door interrupted Regina's thoughts. Robin opened the door slowly, not wanting to wake Regina if she was asleep.

"How are you doing?" Robin asked as he sat down next to his wife.

"I feel fine. I wish they'd just release me."

"I know." Robin set a bag on Regina's lap. "Emma packed this for you. So you wouldn't have to eat the hospital food."

"As long as it's not a grilled cheese, tell her thank you for me." Regina opened the bag and pulled out a sandwich and a box of Swedish Fish. "Emma is my new favorite," Regina said as she opened the box of candy. "Sorry, Robin."

"Don't worry, she won't be for long."

Regina stopped eating and looked at Robin. "You're either planning on killing her or one-upping her. Mind telling me which?"

"I always have to one-up Emma Swan. And do you really think I'd try to kill my wife's girlfriend?"

"We're not dating!"

"Yeah. Can I have a Swedish Fish?"

"No! Go get your own!"

~

Robin was leaning over Regina's shoulder, watching as she played iMessage games with Emma. At the moment, they were playing Battleship. The door opened again and both Regina and Robin looked up to see Doctor Whale, holding a clipboard. "I need to speak with Regina alone."

Regina and Robin glanced at each other nervously, but they didn't really have a choice. If Regina hadn't been bedridden (half dead) (jk, just needed to reference Hamilton there, carry on), she would have fought for Robin to stay. But Regina was in no state to fight anyone.

"I'll be right outside," Robin promises. He pressed a kiss to Regina's forehead before walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.