Preparations

June 29, 2017

"Ruby, everything is going to be okay," Dorothy assured her girlfriend. "You need to stop worrying about the party."

But Ruby wasn't worried only about the party. However, she didn't let Dorothy know that. "I'm not worried!"

Dorothy raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, fine, I'm worries. What if we don't have enough time to set up all the decorations? What if it ends up being really boring and everyone hates it? What if some villain comes in and ruins everything?"

"We are going to have plenty of time, it won't be boring, and we can defeat any villain that comes our way," Dorothy responded calmly. "And if you're also freaking out about that Outlaw Queen argument, don't. I'm sure they're okay."

That didn't do much to calm Ruby's fears, but she was at least able to stop pacing and take a deep breath. "Okay. Okay. Everything is going to be okay. Do we have all the decorations packed up and ready to move to the Jolly Roger?"

"Yep," Dorothy nodded. "Milah will text us as soon as she and Hook are here, then we can start loading the decorations. Once we're done with that, one of us will call Jefferson and he'll bring Grace and Violet, and then we can head to Storybrooke."

"Okay." Ruby took another deep breath. "Are Hook and Milah going to be at the party? All I heard was that they might."

Dorothy shook her head, "No, they have plans. I guess Elsa and Anna are hosting a ball in Arendelle and Hook and Milah need to be there."

Ruby nodded. "So, now we just have to wait for Milah to text us."

~

"'Cause you know the truth hurts,
But secrets kill
Can't help thinkin' that I love it still
Still here, there must be something real"

Violet whispered the words to herself as they played through the headphones in her ears. Her bedroom door creaked open and Violet quickly paused the song and took out her headphones. She looked up at her dad, "Yes?"

"Violet, I think we need to talk."

Violet frowned as her father took a seat on the bed next to her. "I'm not sure I want you hanging around Henry and his family so much."

"If it's danger you're worried about, Henry's moms are--"

"That's not what I'm worried about," Violet's dad interrupted. "I know that Regina and Emma are perfectly capable of protecting you and Henry both."

It took Violet a moment to realize what her father was hinting at. When she did, her eyes widened. "The party. You don't want me to go to the party, and more importantly, you don't want me celebrating Pride Month with them." Violet gave her dad a weird look, "You care less about the amount of danger I'm in than making sure I don't celebrate Pride Month?"

"Don't put words in my mouth."

"Then just say it. Say you don't want me celebrating Pride Month. Say that's the reason you don't want me spending time with Henry and his family."

Violet's dad chose his words carefully, "It is true that I do not agree with some of the beliefs of Henry's family."

"And what about me?" Violet asked quietly. "Did you even believe me when I told you I might be ace? Did you even listen?"

"You're not asexual, Violet. If Merida and Henry want to claim they are, then that is their choice."

Violet removed all emotion from her face before speaking again. "Say it. Say you don't believe me, and say you don't want me to go to the party. I don't want to 'put words in your mouth'."