Timing Isn't Our Strong Suit

May 7, 2018

Direct Message from EmmaSwan to ReginaOfLocksley

EmmaSwan: Hey, so I know this probably isn't the BEST time...

ReginaOfLocksley: No time is the best time for me

EmmaSwan: That's fair

EmmaSwan: Anyways, I'm not going to pretend to know how you're feeling right now or how busy you are, but I do really need to talk to you, so if you could like clear your schedule at some point in the near future, that would be nice

EmmaSwan: I'm not asking for tomorrow, because I'm not like THAT needy, but just asap :)

EmmaSwan: ty <3

ReginaOfLocksley: Emma.

EmmaSwan: Yes?

ReginaOfLocksley: You are my friend. If you need to talk in person, I can be at your house in a few minutes

EmmaSwan: I know, I just know this could potentially be a rough couple of days so I didn't want to, like, put more stress on you

ReginaOfLocksley: Unless you're going to break up with me or tell me you've broken up with Neal, I think I'll be okay

EmmaSwan: What? No! I don't want to break up with anyone!

ReginaOfLocksley: In that case, I can be at your house in two minutes tops, is that okay?

ReginaOfLocksley: I've just got to let Robin know what i'm doing

EmmaSwan: Yeah, that's fine

EmmaSwan: See you in a couple minutes

ReginaOfLocksley: See you xx

~

Emma was curled up on the couch, watching The Good Place when Regina entered her house. She sat down next to Emma. "You okay?"

Emma shrugged. "I dunno." She paused the episode and looked over at Regina.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, you see, sometimes life doesn't go as planned..."

"Can you stop the whole long introduction spiel and tell me what's up? I'm not going to be mad at you. Unless you're fighting with Neal again, then I might be a little upset."

Emma shook her head. "No, no, nothing like that." She sat up and moved closer to Regina. "I need you to not tell anyone, okay? I'll tell other people when I'm ready."

"Okay... I'm getting a little concerned. Are you sick? Are you dying? You're not allowed to die on me, Emma."

"No! I'm--" Emma stopped and took a deep breath. She looked down at the floor. "I'm pregnant," she whispered.

Regina smiled, but when she noticed Emma did not seem as happy, her expression turned to one of confusion. "Isn't that a good thing?"

Emma shrugged. She still didn't look up at Regina. "I'm scared. Neal and I... we discussed this a little, but it wasn't supposed to be so soon. And after what happened with Henry..." Emma leaned her head onto Regina's shoulder. "I'm terrified, Gina. What happens if I screw up again?"

"Then I'll save your kid from being totally traumatized, just like I did with Henry," Regina said seriously. "But it won't come to that, because you're going to be completely fine. ...As long as this is what you want?"