The Black Fairy (Part Two)

June 7, 2018

It was shortly past midnight when Belle and Nimue arrived at the docks. They found Zelena and Hook standing near where the Jolly Roger was usually docked, and it looked like they were arguing.

"Oh gods," Belle groaned. "I don't want to deal with them fighting right now."

"Me neither, but do we really have a choice? This is where Regina would have gone."

Regina had ditched Belle and Nimue to talk to Jasmine, and instead of meeting back up with them, it seemed she had gone directly to the docks to go after Robin. Belle took a deep breath and walked over to Zelena and Hook.

"Finally!" Zelena exclaimed when she saw Belle. "Someone with some common sense! Would you please tell the pirate that I did what I could to--"

"No, stop," Belle interrupted. "I don't care what you're fighting over. I want to know where the Jolly Roger and Milah are."

Hook shot a final glare at Zelena before he turned to face Belle. "Milah called me and said Regina needed transportation to the Other Enchanted Forest, so they were going to leave. I was at the store at the time, so I wasn't here when they left. That's all I know."

"Fork," Belle muttered under her breath. She glanced back at Nimue. "That means Regina went alone. That's... not good."

"Regina can take care of herself."

"I'm well aware. But you're forgetting this is her soulmate hanging in the balance, and she's going to be willing to do just about whatever it takes to get him back. She's already lost him once, and she's not going to risk losing him again."

"What do you mean her soulmate is hanging in the balance?!" Zelena demanded. "She went after Ella and Violet!"

"No, she went after Robin. Henry called and said Robin had been kidnapped-- oh." Belle's eyes widened. "Oh no..."

"What?!"

"That's even worse! If all three of them have been taken to the Other Enchanted Forest..."

"Regina's changed," Zelena reminded Belle. "She's not going to, like, kill anyone."

"You're right," Belle agreed. "Regina has changed. But she's not above destroying things to rescue someone who she cares about. She would do almost anything to save any one of those three alone, but it's all of them. That's dangerous. Not for Regina, but for the Other Enchanted Forest."

~

Regina had placed a cloaking spell on herself before she stepped off the Jolly Roger into the Other Enchanted Forest. To everyone else, Regina would be unrecognizable.

Now, she was standing in front of a tavern called The Ugly Duckling. Regina took a deep breath before opening the door and stepping inside. She scanned the room, looking for the least threatening looking person she could find. In the back corner, she spotted a very pregnant woman who looked as if she were waiting for someone. Regina made a beeline towards her.

"Do I... know you?" the woman asked as Regina sat down across from her.

"No. But, ah, I was wondering if you could tell me where I could find the Lady Tremaine?"

The woman raised an eyebrow. "You're not from this realm, are you?"

Regina hesitated a moment before shaking her head. "I come from the Land of Untold Stories. I have an urgent message that must be delivered as soon as possible."

"Hm. Explains why you're here so late at night. Very well, I can give your directions to Queen Tremaine's palace."

~