1/

"Seyoung, give this to the new neighbors." My dad ordered, handing me a tray of kimbap and some side dishes that came along with it.

"Why should I? Tell Youngjin to do it." I whined as I returned my gaze to the manga I was reading. Just ask her out, dummy! I thought as I read the next dialogue.

"No," He put away the book and placed the plate in my hands. "—you've done nothing productive since this morning. And I think it's better if you do this since I heard there's a teenager who's around the same age as you. You should get along with him."

My stomach felt like it made tight knot inside when I heard the word him. I was never good at talking to boys! Sure, I live with my dad and little brother, but it's a different case when it's someone I'm not fond of.

"I think I should pass." I laughed awkwardly as I tried to get my book from his grip.

"Seyoung . . ." My dad stared at me with a concerned look in his eyes. I know what he meant. He wanted me to get out of my bubble and make some friends for once.

Yes, you guessed it. I'm an introvert. But that doesn't mean I don't have friends. I have one and her name's Minjoo. We've been best friends since our freshmen years and still counting. Ew, I just sounded like I was having an intimate relationship with her.

"Don't force her into it, dad. She'll never make friends with that attitude." Youngjin interrupted, coming out from the kitchen with a bowl of cereals in his hands.

"I do have friends, you spoiled brat." I scoffed.
"Don't you mean,  friend?"
"Hmph, at least I don't talk to little ants when I have problems with bullies!"
"Bullies? What's your sister talking about? Tell me, Youngjin, are you being bullied again?" I smirked as I got my revenge on him. Though I feel sorry for my brother since I learned that bullies were taking his lunch money everyday at school.

I took this chance to get up after five hours of sitting on our living room couch. My butt feels flat now.

While they were talking, I held the tray carefully and grabbed my book that dad left on the coffee table when he talked to my brother, finally deciding to do his favor.

Well, here goes nothing.

As I walked my way to the house across ours, my heart started to pound faster. I didn't mind this since this is what I always feel when I try to approach strangers. I'll just pray to every saint and angel I know for this to end quickly.

I pressed the doorbell then waited.

I noticed that the house was smaller than ours. Though it was, it had a beautiful garden at the front. It's pretty. Why didn't I know about this?

Oh yeah, because I'm locked inside my house for twenty-four hours, reading and finishing as much manga as I could.

"Good afternoon! How may I help you?" The door opened to reveal a guy with a contagious smile on his face. Crap. Why does he have to be this good looking?

"Uh . . . t-this is for you!" I embarrassingly handed him the food as I lowered my head.

I heard a chuckle from him, realizing that he had already taken the tray.

"One day after moving into this place and I already have a fangirl?" Ugh... he's a cocky one.

I was about to leave when he called me, or at least how you would call someone when you still don't know their name.

"Hey," I turned around and raised my brows at him "—you read manga?" I realized that I was holding the book in my hand. Now he's going to think I'm a total loser nerd. Oh wait, I am.

I just nodded when he then told me something I swore would've made my heart explode into a million pieces.

"I do too."