10/

Eleven months to go until my dad and Hyojin's wedding.

Just a month ago, a divorced woman with a teenage son moved into our neighborhood. One week later, I found out that they were engaged already. The next week made me stressed about being an awful older sister, dizzy because a ball hit my head, smile because a guy asked me out, mad because someone ruined that date, finally became happy because the guy asked me to be his girlfriend, but then I became tired because of just a three minute walk, and then I became regretful because of a lie.

Stressed.
Dizzy.
Smile.
Mad.
Happy.
Tired.
Regretful.

All of those just happened in one month. What more if I still have to wait eleven months to get through this new course of my life?

"We're moving."
"Huh? Why? Where?"
"To your house."

Only three words made me faint, well almost.

Jinwoo continued hammering the sign that said 'For Sale' at the front of their house. He was wearing a tank top, showing off his muscles and veins. What the heck am I talking about?!

"Snap out of it, Seyoung!" I instantly yelled, making him almost drop the tool.
"You okay?"
"Y-yeah . . ." I trailed off as he just shrugged and continued doing his work.
"So, what did you get for him?"
"Who's him?"
"Your dear Dumpster, of course."
"For what?"
"You don't remember? Oh my God, Seyoung! You're the worst girlfriend ever. I repeat, the worst ever!"
"Huh? What do you even mean?"
"Ugh . . . it's your first monthsary! Duh!"
"F-first monthsary?" I repeated.

Since it's my first time dating a guy, I can honestly say that I'm clueless about the things he's saying right now.

"So I should get him a gift?"
"Really, Seyoung? Ah, and I thought you were a love expert because of how much romance novels you read."

Was that just an insult to my interests?

"Well, you're no different from me since you also read mangas. And what's worst is you still don't have a girlfriend."
"I'm still waiting for the right time." He answered and I scoffed.
"Right time, my ass. I'm going back now, bye!"
"Yah! Take back what you said!"
"Never!"
"Fine! Good luck looking for a gift for that dumspter!"

I stopped on my tracks. I can't believe he just said something that made me think he had a brain all this time.

Crap, what do I get Bin for our monthsary?

I turned back to him, only to see his hands folded across his chest with an annoying smirk plastered on his face.

"I'll take back what I said . . ." I walked back to him. "—only if you help me find a gift." I then mumbled.

"What? What did you say?" He teased, I know he heard me but instead he moved his ear closer to me.

"I said, help me find a gift for Bin."
"Say please first."
"Ugh, please?"
"Hmm . . ." He hummed, resting his elbow on his palm, rubbing his chin as if he was thinking deeply. "—arasseo."

"Nope, too common."
"Ew, are you trying to make him look gay?"
"Nah, those are so last season."
"That shirt doesn't suit him."
"He'll look like a grandpa with that belt."
"Seriously? Nobody wears digital watches anymore."
"You call that fashion?!"
"I'm hungry!
"Oh look, an emoji pillow!"
"Jinwoo . . ."
"Sorry."

Two hours into the men's department, and I still haven't decided what to give my boyfriend.

We just walked to the food court since Jinwoo was already hungry. Honestly, I was kind of too.

"So, when's the monthsary?" Jinwoo asked as he bit into his shawarma.
"I thought you knew?"
"Not really. I just finished a book about relationships yesterday so . . ."
"Oh, okay. Anyway, it's on the 15th."
"The 15th? Oh."

He didn't say anything after that since he focused on munching his food while I ate my cheeseburger.

Soon enough, we continued our hunt, looking for the right gift for Bin. Suddenly, I noticed that Jinwoo wasn't following me anymore. I turned around to see him walking inside a store . . . a children's store?

I looked at the objects sold inside, there were toy trains moving above us, remote-controlled toy cars on the ground, dolls, dollhouses, talking robots, human-sized statues of famous cartoon characters, and there he was, looking at a brown stuffed bear that was locked inside a glass box.

"Jinwoo?" He turned around and I saw his teary eyes. He's crying.
"Sorry, I just remembered something." He wiped off the tears and smiled faintly. I looked back at the bear when he spoke something.

"My dad gave me this for my 8th birthday. After that day, mom learned that he was having an affair with his office mate." I stayed silent, waiting for another word from him. But instead, he smiled wider and draped his arm around my shoulders.

"Kaja?"

"Are you sure he'll like this?"
"Of course, I know what guys like! I am a guy!"
"And are you sure about that too?" I laughed and I heard him snicker.

I put back the multicolored sports socks in the bag and replaced it with my homework.

"Ooh, doing our assignments, are we?"
"Shut up."
"Yah! You shouldn't just 'shut up' me. I'm older than you!"
"Oh really? When's your birthday then?" I asked, still looking at the papers on my desk while he sat on a wheeled chair beside me.
"Y-you don't have to know that. But I know you're born in December so that must mean you're really younger than me."
"Hey, how'd you know that?"
"Youngjin."
"Of course."
"Anyway, since I am older than you . . . call me oppa."

I nearly choked on my saliva whe he said that. Me calling him 'oppa'? Hell no!

"I won't call you that."
"Why not?"
"Because I don't want to."
"Oh come on! I promise I won't tease you anymore! I'll do anything you want me to do! Cross my heart and hope to die!"
"Really?" I finally looked at him with a raised brow.
"Yes!"
"Okay, then. But will you really do anything I want? As in, anything?" I asked as he nodded his head like a puppy.

This is gonna be fun.

"Fine. Help me with my homework, please? Oppa?" I said as cutely as I could, cringing mentally.

Jinwoo shot a smile as he stood up, holding my shoulders, making me follow his steps. Before I could even react, he hugged me. His arms were big enough to embrace most of my body, and the reason for that is because I'm shorter than him. But as his chin rested on my head, I felt and heard the heart beat on his chest.

"What shampoo do you use?"
"Why?"
"Your hair smells like cat litter."
"Aish!"