9/

"Camping?!" Youngjin and I chanted. Although we both reacted at the same time, we reacted differently. He was excited while I, on the other hand, was shaking in fear.

I've always been scared of Mother Nature. One mistake and boom, you're gone from this world.

"Oh, and we're bringing Hyojin and Jinwoo with us."
"Yay!" No!

My brother quickly ran up to his room, starting to pack his things for the camp.

"Seyoung, you okay?" I looked at my dad, pouting my lips. "Honey, I promise we'll have a good time there. Don't worry."

"But I'm not worrying about not having a good time there. What if we get bitten by snakes? What if bears find us and eat us alive? What if we get lost and not find our way back home? And worse of all, mosquitoes! Eek!" I exaggerated the list of why-I-don't-want-to-camp as I can to him but he just sighed in return.

"One, the area has been inspected, no snakes . . . nor bears. Two, it's just miles away from nearest town with people. Lastly, we will buy a repellent for that." He explained. I guess I have no choice but to come with them. I'll just borrow a lotion from Jinwoo. I'm sure he has one.

"Aha! We still have to attend school!"
"You're on spring break, Seyoung." I give up.

"Now go and pack your things as early as you can. We'll leave tomorrow morning."

The car ride was noisy.

Dad was driving, of course, while Hyojin was in the passenger seat. The three of us were stuck at the back, Youngjin in the middle, talking nonstop since the journey began. Jinwoo had a sketchbook oh his lap as he and my little brother were the only ones speaking, and sometimes the adults would say their opinions but me, you guessed it, reading a manga comic again with my headset on, blocking the noise machine beside me.

Hours after the tiring ride, we arrived at our destination. Dad parked the car just outside the forest we were heading to. We got our things and then started hiking.

"My legs hurt already!" I whined, massaging my thighs.
"But it's only been three minutes." Jinwoo replied.
"I know!"

The adults took the lead while Youngjin followed and I was left with the guy who ruined my first date.

"So, how are you and that Trash Bin guy?"
"What did you just call him?"
"Oh, was that too harsh? Do you want me to call him Dumpster then?"
"That's even worse." I muttered.

I just quickened my pace, passing by Youngjin who had already five mosquito bites on his face. Ew. Glad I wore a face mask.

It wasn't after almost half an hour that we had already arrived to an open space near a river.

We put down our things then after that, dad set up the tents, with Hyojin and my brother helping him. Jinwoo searched for logs to be used for the bonfire while I looked at the river, watching the fishes through the clear water.

"Hey Seyoung, help me out here!" Jinwoo shouted. I sighed and ran to him then took the extra logs he had in his arms. "Thanks."

Night came, and dinner was served. We had loads of fun after the meal since we had marshmallows to roast and eat. We also talked about family things, like how mom passed away and why their breadwinner left them.

We had two tents, one for the girls, and one for the guys. It's fair enough. I mean, I don't want to wake up with legs all over my face. Well, boys will be boys.

I tossed around in my sleeping bag, uncomfortably. I looked over at Hyojin, she was already sleeping. I just watched her while I thought of how my life will change after their marriage.

Having a second mom isn't all that bad, right?

I silently zipped down the tent and went out. It was cold, colder than in the city.

Walking over to the river, I listened to the sound of nature. The wind was blowing coolly, making small waves in the river. The bright moon was shining in the sky along with the stars that surrounded it too.

Suddenly, my calm self was interrupted by a surprising touch from behind.

"Jinwoo!"
"Shh! They're sleeping."
"Don't scare me like that again."

I slapped him on the shoulder, pushing him back a bit as he laughed.

"Why are you still awake?" He asked.
"Can't sleep. You?"
"Same."

None of us decided to speak more as we watched the river flow gently. It was a beautiful sight; the moon reflected in the water, fishes were swimming everywhere, and the night was just amazing.

"So, Seyoung . . ." He trailed off as I hummed in response. "Have you had your first kiss?" I gasped silently as he spoke his words without hesitation.

"What do you mean?"
"You know, first kiss . . . in the lips . . . with a guy . . ."
"J-Jinwoo, did you—"
"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to spy! No, wait! I didn't spy! I was there but I didn't know you were there too!" He said quickly but still managed to not wake up the others with his voice.

I just looked at him, remembering the day I was with Moon Bin at the playground.

Our faces started to lean in closer, one last move and our lips will touch, until a phone ring snapped us back to reality.

"I have to go, my dad needs me. See you tomorrow?"
"Yeah, see you tomorrow." He hugged me again with a kiss on the forehead then left.

"So with Moon Bin, huh?"
"Yeah." I lied. " Wait, you didn't call him Trash Bin!"
"That's because from now on, I will call him Dumpster." He smirked.