13. Stay With Me

When my eyes flutter open the next morning to the sound of an alarm blaring I'm confused by the fact that that's not my alarm clock and suddenly I realize I'm not in my bed either, or my room, or my apartment for that matter.

"Sorry" Josh apologizes as he reaches over to shut off the annoying blaring.

"Oh my god. We fell asleep" I exclaim as I jump out of his bed. I was still wearing the clothes I wore yesterday, luckily no one had seen these clothes at school.

"It appears we did" Josh laughs lightly. "Just calm down. You have a car. I have a car. We have no reason to show up together."

"Yea I guess" I reply, running my fingers through my hair.

"You can take a shower if you want" Josh says with a smile as he climbs out of bed. "I'm gonna go brew some coffee" he adds as he heads off to his kitchen.

I decide not to take a shower but I do wash my face and freshen up as best as I can. I head out into the kitchen about fifteen minutes later and Josh is leaning against the counter drinking his coffee while he reads something evidently intriguing on his phone. "Want a cup?" he asks without looking up from his phone.

"I got it" I laugh lightly as I head over to his cupboard. "Whatcha readin' babe?" I ask curiously.

"I'm your babe now?" he smirks as he looks down at me.

"Objection avoiding the question" I reply with a soft smile as I sip my coffee.

"Sustained" he gives with a smile as he leans down to peck my lips. "I was just reading a study they did at NYU, the psych majors do some interesting stuff."

"I'm sure" I reply as I sip my coffee. "So. You ready to head out?"

"Not to be a dick but I was kinda thinking you should get a head start. I think it'll be less obvious if we show up at least a few minutes apart."

"Oh. Yea of course" I reply. "Do you have a to-go thing for this coffee though?"

"Of course" he replies as he moves over to his cupboard. He hands me a to-go cup and I pour my coffee into it. "I had an amazing time last night Maya" he adds sweetly. "I don't want you getting the wrong idea, that I enjoy hooking up and then throw you aside."

"I don't think that" I assure him. "Our situation is a little complicated. It's honestly fine Josh. Don't worry about it."

"Okay" he gives. "I'll see you in a little bit?"

"See ya" I reply as I smile and walk out the door.

*************************************************************************************

Trying to focus in this class has gone from difficult to impossible. My eyes keep drifting over to where Josh is watching the professor and taking notes. Or at least that's what it looks like he's doing.

PRINCE CHARMING: U should really be paying attention

I stifle a laugh as I type back.

MAYA: I am paying attention. To the important things ;)

PRINCE CHARMING: I won't be on the test

MAYA: This is true but it would be much more fascinating if u were

PRINCE CHARMING: I think you'd be more than distracted

MAYA: U have no faith in me! You're right not to though

PRINCE CHARMING: I have faith that you'll get distracted

MAYA: Lol

"Ms. Hunter" my professor says. "If you don't want to be here you can leave" James calls me out, snapping my attention back to the front of the room.