37. Josh's Surprise

"Babe" I shout as I scurry around the house trying and failing to find my car keys. Josh doesn't reply causing me to groan in frustration as I move towards the desk in the living room to look. "Joshua" I shout attempting once again to get his attention as I shove countless papers off the surface and onto the floor. "Ugh" I groan. In my haste I accidently bump the mouse and the computer screen comes to life catching my attention. I lift my head to look at the screen and furrow my eyebrows. "What the hell?" I mutter as Josh finally walks into the room.

"Hey baby. Sorry I was busy in the nursery. What's up?"

"What is this?" I ask as I point to the screen. His eyes widen as he hurries towards me and closes the tab.

"You were not supposed to see that" he says quickly.

"What was that? It looked like a plane ticket."

"Yea uh about that" he says awkwardly. I grab the mouse and reopen the tab, analyzing the plane ticket. My name was attached to the ticket and it was dated for the weekend of my birthday. "Happy birthday" he says causing me to look at him confused.

"A plane ticket? To Texas?" I question. "Why would you get me this? Who is in Texas?"

He gnaws his bottom lip and I immediately shake my head in protest. "No" I say simply. "Zay took the pregnancy news almost bad as your family."

"That's because he liked you."

"Liked?" I question with a raise of my eyebrow. "How are you so sure he's over me? How are you okay with this? Why would you even arrange it?"

"Because" he sighs as he steps towards me. "You need to work things out with him."

I scoff. "I need to work things out with him? Are you hearing yourself? Josh we left early because of him."

"Yes I know" he nods, "but this is an opportunity for you to reconnect with one of your oldest friends."

"Why?" I shout in frustration. "Why the fuck is this so important to you?"

"Because you need your friends. He misses you."

Suddenly it clicks. The reason he had my phone. "You talked to him?" I gape. He nods awkwardly causing me to shake my head in disbelief.

"You are unbelievable" I insist angrily. "I cannot believe you would go behind my back and arrange something like this."

"I did it for you. Maya he feels bad."

"Does he?" I scoff. "He should feel bad" I snap. "I have had enough in the last few months with people's judgement. I will not deal with it on my birthday."

"He has a girlfriend now. He's in a good place. He misses you."

"Josh" I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "I know your heart was in the right place but no. This is a horrible idea."

"You can't say that" he insists. "Go see him. Give him a chance to redeem himself."

"Like you did with your parents?" I question causing him to roll his eyes.

"My parents stepped over the line. They don't deserve my forgiveness and I think your family would agree with me on that particular sentiment."

I sigh, staring at him for a long moment. "You really aren't gonna let me out of this are you?" I question in frustration. He shakes his head and I nod in understanding. "Fine" I concede. "But on one condition."

"Anything."

"You have to come."

*************************************************************************************