43. Boys vs Girls

"I'm so sick of being pregnant" I complain as I attempt to squeeze into a light pink sweater that I had only bought a few weeks ago and that I had now grown out of.

"Well at least you're over halfway" Josh says, attempting to be helpful but when you're pregnant and you're getting bigger and bigger while your feet are swelling and your back is aching there are no words that are help enough.

"I just wish it were over" I sigh, tossing the shirt off and throwing it onto the ground. "I have no idea what I'm going to wear to this appointment today. I've grown out of everything in my closer. Again."

"There has to be something" Josh says positively as he moves towards me and starts rifling through my clothes. "What about this?" he asks, holding up a light blue blouse that made me look like a whale.

"Absolutely not" I veto immediately. "Try again."

He sighs, putting the shirt back and returning to his task of looking for something for me to wear. While he's going through my closet my cell phone vibrates on the nightstand, gaining my attention. I turn and move towards it, grabbing it of the nightstand and finding a text from Riley.

HONEY: You still mad at me?

"What about this one?" Josh interjects. I turn and find him holding up a red dress and I immediately shake my head earning me another disgruntled groan as he turns back to face the closet.

MAYA: I was never mad. Sad is a better adjective for the way I felt and still do feel. I'm starting a family and you're moving away. I couldn't even face high school without you and now I'm expected to face motherhood?!

"Okay I think this is the one" Josh says causing me to look up at his selection. I look up and find him holding up one of my lingerie sets and I shake my head at him in amusement.

"Try again" I smile as my phone vibrates again.

HONEY: You're going to be an amazing mother. You don't need me for that and plus you could always move out here too someday

MAYA: I know. I'm just gonna miss you.

"Alright here" he interjects. I look up and find him holding up a simple white v-neck. I smile, nodding my head. It was simple and it didn't have a pattern that would make me look even bigger than I really was.

"Perfect" I confirm. "Thank you" I add as another text comes through.

HONEY: Then let's make the most of the time we have left together before I leave. Come over and help me pack!

"Do we have anything to do tonight after our appointment?" I ask, looking up from my phone and up at Josh.

He furrows his eyebrows, thinking over my question before finally shaking his head. "Nope. I think we're free. Why?"

MAYA: I'll be there! But uh can I bring Josh?

HONEY: OMG YES!!! He and Lucas need to start bonding!

MAYA: Lol. Agreed. See you later

"Um Earth to Maya" Josh chuckles, waving his hand in front of my face.

"We're going to Riley's tonight" I explain, slipping my phone into my purse that was situated on the bed. "Are you ready? I just have to throw on that shirt and I'm all set."

"I'm ready" he confirms as I pull the white v-neck over my head. "Let's go see our little boy."

*************************************************************************************