Chapter 2 - You need to stay with me

Sade's Pov

I finish my shift a bit after 2 pm, waving goodbye to Bill, I make my way to the bus stop, headphones in my ears.  I am not paying attention to the many other people around me. I look up when a hand is placed on my shoulder it's one of the vampires room earlier this morning,I smile at him and take off my headphones.

"Hey, aren't you one of the guys from this morning?" He laughs and nods before motioning over to Demetrius who I hardly notice as I look at the car behind him. A black  Lamborghini Huracan, I walk over and touch the car my face probably covered with happiness then I hear a small laugh and a girl pokes her head out from behind him "Cousin you got a Beloved who is more into cars than you" I smile at her and step back from the car.

"Hi I'm Sade and you are?" she is my height with long brown hair and pale skin she hugs me tightly then replies "My names Maria-Antoinette we will be seeing each other often since your going to be living with us"

I look at Demetrius with a frown and quickly shake my head "No I am not, I refuse to move in until I know my chosen better"

There is a quick silence then a sharp intake of breath I look at Demetrius and smile before walking off ,screw going home,I need to visit the gym. Anger rolls off me in waves so much so that people step out of my way as I enter the gym and go directly to get my boxing gear. Boxing helps me block out everything and calm down.

A whole hour passes and I'm still here hitting a bag, Pops eventually walks over and touches my shoulder "Okay Kid what's going on you have never come in here and ignored me or Alicia" I slouch and watch as Alicia walks over these two have done nothing but taken care of me being my parents best friends they tried adopting me but since they thought they were not the best they just moved here with me and opened their gym here.

"I found my soulmate today" they both smiled and looked at each other "That's great hun" I shake my head "It's King Demetrius" they both pale considerably and hug me "Honey give him a chance it might not be so bad to live in the castle" I could hear the sadness in their voices and all the walls of tears come down.

"I don't want to leave you guys"  we sit there hugging and crying as I tell them more about what happened I fall asleep on Alicia's lap,the last thing I see is her kind smile.

"Sleep well, my child".

Demetrius Pov

I watch her leave with waves of anger flowing and Maria sighs "I just ruined everything for you" I shake my head and ruffled her hair "No you didn't go home I will be back soon" I watch as David drives off with Maria in the car,getting in mine I follow my Beloved.

She stops in front of a building I look at the sign "Pop's Gym" I walk in and sit down in the shadows making sure to keep her in sight. I sit there for and hour hearing her box the bag as her anger slowly dissipates,finally she stops and looks at the man behind her.

I listen to the three of them talk for the next hours,I watch carefully so this is why she doesn't want to leave she thinks that she will leave her loved ones behind.I finally step out of the shadows and walk over when she falls asleep "I will be taking her now"

The woman looks at me her usual kind eyes are cold and filled with hatred "No you won't" I raise an eyebrow I don't want to hurt this woman since my Beloved cares about her, "Listen ma'am I will be taking my Beloved home" The woman glares at me and when I step closer a wall of fire comes between me and her "You will leave her with me since you will be taking her away from us soon"

I step back and watch this woman a witch who didn't want to lose the girl she saw as her child her husband watched me and sighed "Your Majesty I apologize but" I raise my hand "It's quite okay I understand" the fire dies down and I see the witch asleep holding my beloved, This is going to be hard.

The Next Morning

Sade's Pov

I wake up in Alicia's arms a small smile is on her face,I will miss her so much. I gently shake her awake and watch as she opens her eyes "How you feeling?" she asks I laugh and get off the bed "Much better" I walk to the bathroom and take a quick shower,I sometimes spend nights here so I have clothes here. I walk out in my uniform and hug Alicia "Bye" she hugs me tight and gives me a quick kiss on my forehead. I leave and walk to the Cafe.

I enter the Cafe to see Maria waiting tables ,I just grab my things and start but the biggest question on my mind is "What is she doing here?"  I quickly look over to  two young ladies who are whispering quite loudly "Isn't she Maria-Antoinette the werewolves king mate" the other one nods and I just sigh and continue working.

The cafe then becomes quiet as Demetrius enters everyone quickly bows and pays for their food again leaving huge tips behind, I take my share and walk to the kitchen getting his usual I place it on the table then look at Maria.

 "Why are you working here?" She flatters looks at Demetrius and then back to me "I wanted to get to know you better" I watch her my eyes narrow anyone can tell she is lying, I walk forward and look at her "Never lie to me also if you're going to be his eyes and ears just leave me alone" I turn and walk away.

I hear a glass break and a few shouts all I do is look at Bill and sigh "I am so sorry Bill" he just laughs "It's alright Sade now go take care of them before I kick them out"  I laugh and grab a broom and dust pan.

When I walk outside I see Demetrius fuming and Maria sitting at the table with tears in her eyes in front of her is King Carlos  he is growling "You left home without warning to come and work in this cafe what has gotten into you I said I want to take care of you and shower you with gifts and you just leave to work in a small cafe with men watching you all day" 

He is shouting I get annoyed and walk over "HEY" he stops and watches me "Stay out of it mortal" I throw the broom at him "If you want to be an arse do it elsewhere not here, however, I do not tolerate you shouting at your mate, stop being a stupid idiot and look at what you caused

" I point at the crying girl his face softens and he walks over to her "Maria, I'm sorry" she watches him and nods all I do is roll my eyes "I am not done you may be a king but not only did you break our dishes but you disturbed another customer clean it up and pay for the broken stuff I am not saying it twice" 

He nods slowly and quickly cleans up his mess also paying Bill for the broken dishes,I stand with my arms folded then I look at Maria "Get your mate out of this cafe please and don't come back here to work" she nods and they leave.

I turn and look at Demetrius "You want me to move in with you so bad?" he nods I sigh and look at him "come by for dinner Sunday I will consider it" I gave him my address then leave him standing in the middle of the cafe with a huge smile on his face. What did I get myself into?