Chapter 10 - First Royal Event

Demetrious Pov

I  wake up and roll over placing my hand on where Sade should be but all i get is an empty spot I quickly sit up to see the room empty,I get off my bed and get ready for the day when Sade walks in and closes the door she gives me an anxious look.

I walk over and pull her close to me "Whats wrong" she looks at me and wraps her arms around my bare wet torso "Why didn't you tell me  that today is the first meeting with all the minor kingdoms" I sigh and run my hands over her back hoping to calm her down "babe its ok,I'm sorry I forgot" she nods and eventually calms down. I lean down and place a kiss on her lips "Go get ready" she moves away and goes into the bathroom and starts getting ready.I dry off and put on my clothes looking at my black tye I groan and try to tie it.

I wait for Sade after giving up on my tye she slowly opens the door and walks out I watch the dress and beckon for her to turn around so I can inspect the rest of the dress on her and then I nod .

She then looks at my tie and laughs she then puts it on properly resting her hand on my chest she fixes my clothes,I take her hand  and kiss it. We walk into the main hall to greet all of the guest when She tightens her hold on my arm I see her eyes on on person Lord David Oakley I lean over and kiss her cheek "Do you know him?" she nods and then says quietly "He was my mothers brother before he left his family behind for a woman that used him"

I nod ans we walk over to greet him "Lord Oakley a pleasure to see you again I believe you know my wife" he watches her as if he is trying to remember her so Sade speaks "Hello uncle" she says it nicely but with a undertone of hatred the colour on Lord Oakley's face drains as he recognises her "S-Sade" she smiles "it is Queen to you sir" she then turns around and leaves to talk to the other members present much to his shock.

I watch her and laugh "Lord Oakley I thought your niece died years ago" he shakes nodding "She did" I shake my head and watch the man "No she isn't I have to speak to my wife goodnight my lord" I say when my guards grab him and escort him to dungeon.Then Cleo arrives "My King". I flinch and try my best to get someone else's attention but it does not help the blonde throws and arm around me,I take off her hand and put some space between us "Cleo you cannot do that to me I have a beloved and more importantly we are not in a relationship"

She steps back and pouts watching me with a look of disappointment  folding her arms under her breast trying to push them up I turn around and walk away but she grabs my arm I try pulling it out of hers when I feel a familiar presence I immediately feel happy when I see  my beautiful Beloved behind me arms crossed and eyebrow raised the room gets quiet as all eyes are on us.

"Princess Cleo I advice you get your hands off my husband before you lose both your hands" She says it so calmly that I flinch the calmer her voice the angrier she is,Cleo lets go of my hand and bows "My Queen I apologise" I walk over to Sade and wrap my arms around her waist she smiles at me and then looks at Cleo and sighs "Listed hun your just 18 you need to experience life like a normal person Princess or not it means being yourself and understanding the consequences,fall in love with someone who loves you and not for your looks or your status they need to love you for you,focus on school and do what is best for you ok"

Cleo nods and quickly hugs Sade before walking over to her parents everyone in the room smiles the looks of approval and the whispers on how she handled it and the questions on who trained her,I exchange a look with Sade and we both laugh quietly and walk towards the courtyard together hands interlocked.

"You were amazing" she just laughs and makes her way into the garden I can hear the soft rustling of  the leaves as we walk through that is hen Sade looks at me and tilts her head "You knew she was crushing on you yet you didn't do anything why?" I look at the moon "It is probably because I saw her only as a little sister and I thought she would see it and would stop liking me for whatever reason"

I watch her as she listens to what I said and nods slowly a small smile on her face but a stern look in her eyes "Demetri I think she liked you because you noticed her I couldn't help but realise that her parents are the same King and Queen that just scoffed when their son died and said it was because he was too weak" as those words leave her mouth the realisation falls heavily on me that she was alone and has been trying her best for her parents I  shake my head and look at Sade she just frowns "I don't understand certain people they hurt their children then they don't understand why later in life they want nothing to do with them" I look at her "Does that apply to your uncle as well,he is still your family" she shakes her head "No he isn't family is a  word that means the people that support you and protect you they raise you teach you right and wrong you are supposed to trust your family it does not only mean the people related to you by blood your family could be your friends or someone you love he is not family" I wipe away the stray tear that falls while she speaks,until now I never knew who she could be so loving,kind and forgiving after what she has been through now I do it is because she has understand life more than other she has her own demons and issues that she had t go through on her own and she does not want anyone to experience it like she did.

We walk back into the castle with smiles on our faces and spent the night smiling and laughing meeting new people and keeping our conversation to ourselves.