Chapter 3- Parties and Apologies

Sade's Pov

I look at my watch and then at my closet I can't stay in this apartment any longer I pull out my phone "Hey Lexi, up for a night in the club?" I hear a high pitched yes and I smile and give her the details. I take a warm shower,I know Lexi hasn't been out in a while so this is good for the both  of us,ever since we started working neither one of us have been able to spend much time together.

I go through my closet looking for a sexy outfit to wear the thought of Demetrius pops in my head but I ignore it if he wants me he will have to earn me.I finally find an outfit laying it on my bed I do my makeup and my hair.(In media if you want to see)

I have never felt more relaxed in my life I grab my purse and leave my apartment in darkness making sure to lock the door.Walking outside I wait on Lexi when a black range rover pulls up in front of me inside is that vampire who tried to choke me.

I narrow my eyes at her "Why are you here?" she stiffens and leans back her eyes are filled with fear and respect she looks down and softly says while trembling "The king said to make sure you don't get hurt and it's my turn to watch you" I deep growling sound emits from my throat "HE DID WHAT" I take a  breathe and look at her feeling sorry for her I just nod my head and look at my phone maybe I should call him and give him a piece of my mind I'm an adult I can take care of myself.

When I look up I see a familiar white corvette rushing over I get in "Hey Lexi" I hug my friend of four years as she hugs me I hear her whisper "Is he seriously having someone babysit you" I laugh "He calls it surveillance apparently its for my protection" Lexi scoffs "Baby you have three guns and you do martial arts you don't need protection" 

I laugh wholeheartedly agreeing with her "Okay enough about him we have a club to go to" She laughs and quickly watches my outfit then drives off I watch as the Range Rover tries its best to keep up with Lexi but being her friend for this long there is no way you are going to keep up with her.

She swiftly turns the corner leaving a few skid marks and then takes the back road after fifteen minutes the range rover catches up I am too happy to care about them anymore.Lexi quickly starts playing Joan of Arc I throw my hands in the air.

We pull up in front of Desire  the hottest club in New York I smirk and slip out of the car with Lexi we walk in with my bodyguards behind me,We walk over to the bar and look at the bartender I try to see if I can determine a race but Lexi just says "So the vampires are working tonight" he nods and smiles at her I see his fangs and sigh in relief "At least it means we can't run into Carter" we share a knowing look and then I decide on a drink "One margarita and a negroni please" Lexi watches me and smiles "Finally your drinking again" I look her in the eye "Its been a stressful week"

She then looks at Jeromy and says "whiskey on the rocks" I sit on drink my Margarita and watch the people dancing Lexi is talking to me about some guy who walked in the hair salon to tell her customer it was time to go when  I get up and pull her with me to dance.

We get so lost dancing together I don't even notice when the room gets silent and Demetrius walks downstairs from the VIP floor straight towards us.Lexi turns me around and then whispers in my ears "Your on your own girl"I smile and nod before walking over to him "You sent security for me" he smirks and whispers in my ear "Well if I didnt you might be dead" I glare at him and then a idea pops up "care to dance?" 

He takes my hand and I wink at the DJ as Lexi whispers in his ear "I hope you know the bachata" as the music starts his eyes cloud over with lust and I just smile at him.

"You come into a club with men wearing that,when your MINE" he whispers harshly into my ear I smile and whisper "I can wear what I want infront of whomever I want because it's my body" 

He tightens his grip on my waist for a second then relaxes as the dance comes to and end I walk away making sure to sway my hips.I sit next to Lexi and she gives me a glass not caring what it is I drink it and she laughs "You teased that boy endlessly I will enjoy watching this"  

We share a smile before getting a few more drinks and dancing the night away not caring who sees us.

The Next Morning

I wake up with a huge headache that seems to get worse with the curtains being open I quickly walk to the bathroom and go through my medicine cabinet looking for my Tylenol when I hear a knock on the door I open it to see Demetrius and I cross my arms "Why are you here?" he looks down and gives me a package.

"I am sorry for overreacting last night"  I raise an eyebrow and open the package hoping that he does not intend to buy my forgiveness every time he messes up. I look at what's inside the box and pull him inside locking the door behind me.

"This is way too much Demetrius I can't accept this"

When I try to give it back he shakes his head "No I am giving them all to you,I bought them for you please accept them" I adamantly try to give them back but eventually I realize its hopeless and I agree to keep them

He hugs me and apologizes again and I forgive him,when he leaves I pick up all the stuff and put them in my desk draw and put in the passcode locking it then I call Lexi and start explaining what happened.

She laughs and then says "Don't forget he is coming over for dinner tomorrow night girl"and with that I hang up on Lexi.