Chapter 12 - A lesson in love

I watch my sister-in-law as she enters the throne room for the first time in 5 years.She has a baby with her and from the looks of it she is pregnant then she looks up when she sees me she seems to stiffen but continues towards us.

As usual she is stopped and waits to hear what Demetry has to say to my surprise she starts laughing  “King Brother I'm surprised you didn't wait on your beloved and married”
I immediately let out a smile sigh as Demetry growls loudly at her,I watch as fear fills her eyes upon realising she offended him.I then place my hand on his and kiss his cheek.
“My love she didn't know spare her please” immediately he calms down and leans into my touch the present members of court let out a sigh of relief before I look at her and decide to speak.

“I have heard a lot about you but apparently you cant say the same I'm not a chosen mate my dear I'm his beloved” At this I start to sense her guilt and before she cam apologise I cut in “It's ok I know see where Demetry gets his forwardness and your mate?” She looks down at the floor before looking back at me.

“Mates they both decided to stay home so they won't cause trouble”
I look at her confused enemy clan and all they were now family how could they cause trouble as if sensing my thoughts she says.
“My mates are the twin coven leaders and also the assassins for the royal family”
I nod now understanding why they did not want to be here giving her a smile I walk down towards her and embrace her “Well it's a pleasure to finally meet my new sister I'm Sade” nodding everyone except the inner circle leaves the throne room.Hesitantly Demetrius walks towards us and kneels infront of the child who immediately screams “Uncle Demi” I laugh at the expression of shock on Demetrius's face “I'm guessing you showed pictures and told stories huh” she nods immediately a sly grin spreads across my face “Well are you willing to tell me some of these stories”

And like to two sisters we exit the the throne room and sit in th garden exchanging stories not noticing how late it had gotten till I heard two strange voices calling out for Nadia immediately she stands up with a shocked expression on her face “Klaus,Kayden what are you doing here?” I stand up and follow her to see two vampires checking her for injuries immediately I let out a small giggle the two immediately stiffen when they become aware of my presence and then they bow “Your Highness” I shake my head and smile “You two are family now please don't bow”

Looking over at Nadia I smirk and leave her with her mates to be greeted by a sulking Dimitry “They treat you better than they treat me” immediately I burst out laughing “its probably because I'm likeable now my king I believe we have important matters to discuss”quickly I place a kiss on his lips and run off with him trailing behind me.

Short chapter and I'm sorry.Will be updating next Friday.Hope you enjoy the chapter.