Chapter 9-Racism

I walk through the palace gardens  with Kelsi she runs off to play with a butterfly when a woman walks into me,I turn to look at her expecting to hear an apology but instead she watches me in disgust "What is someone like you doing in the Palace" she says screwing her nose up as if something smells wrong I ignore it and calmly answer her "I'm sorry I think you're mistaken as the new Queen I have every right to be here why are you here" she steps back and scowls "You a queen please girls like you have no place here get out you piece of trash"I take a deep breath and try not to get mad even though I am fuming  before looking at her in the eye "Listen Lady I have a sharp tongue and your walking on thin ice I recommend you tell me who you are before I trip off on your racist,undignified arse and trust me I will do it" my voice comes out calm but every bit as threatening she bristles and looks at me annoyed "I don't answer to people like you but I am the royal tutor I am hear to teach princess Kelsi".

I watch her before nodding "Good I will take my leave now" as I walk away I hear her mumble two words "Black trash" I tense and quickly walk to Demetrius's office I barge in without even knocking to see both Carlos and Jerome watching me while Demetri just looks shocked.I am seething with immense anger all three men look at me with worried and fearful expressions "I will kill the royal tutor if she says another racist comment to me or anyone" as soon as those words exit my mouth they all look very angry and Carlos looks at Demetri "Who the hell let that woman back in the palace" I am shaking as Jerome leads me to Demetri I have dealt with racism before as a waitress it's nothing new but I don't want that racist nincompoop teach my child at all I wont have it.

Demetri just massages my shoulders and whispers sweet words to me as I slowly but surely calm down "Go change into royal attire and meet me in the throne room" I nod and leave the room I quickly change into a suitable dress that shows my mark but seems rather conservative.

As I walk to the throne room Demetri meets me wearing a matching suit to my dress we sit down together and I then notice Carlos and Maria who glances at me and smiles I smile back and then look at the girl with Jerome she is beautiful I see a phoe...

As I walk to the throne room Demetri meets me wearing a matching suit to my dress we sit down together and I then notice Carlos and Maria who glances at me and smiles I smile back and then look at the girl with Jerome she is beautiful I see a phoenix on her outer palm so she's a witch.I watch as each of our advisors walk in and takes their seats I wink at Tanya and put on an emotionless mask .A few minutes later Anne brings Kelsi to us and she sits on her little throne as soon as she sits the woman I met earlier is brought in by guards she looks quite annoyed she looks at me and realization covers her face,I watch as her face gets unnaturally pale for a vampire.

Demetri stands and looks at her in that moment I see the cold and terrifying side of Demetri and when I say I see it I mean I also feel it the temperature in the room drops and ice surrounds her "You meet my Beloved this morning and you had the gull to disrespect her and continued to do so by calling her trash" I watch as the woman shakes and stutters "Do you have anything to say" she quickly nods her head and opens her mouth but words don't come out I glance at Demetri knowing that it will only annoy him "SPEAK WOMAN" as his angry shout fills the room the stoic expressions of everyone in the room do not change and finally she speaks "My Lord she can't possibly be your beloved she is of no royal blood,she has no family and she is not of the class she is black"

The disgusted looks she is given as she continues to insult and find faults with me only seem to grow but I say nothing and just keep my emotionless mask on that is until the woman starts screaming in pain I look at Kelsi to see her eyes glowing slightly while an angry expression covers her face I stand up and walk over to her "Kelsi deary you need to stop" she looks at me and then asks "Why mummy she hurt your feelings" I smile and touch her cheek "Kelsi the are always going to be people who try to hurt your feelings and you should never let them get to you but even though they are mean it does not mean you should hurt them and treat them badly ok" she nods while glaring at the woman "Okay mummy" she stops using her powers on her and I pull Kelsi on my lap as I sit on my throne.

Demetri then looks at her "You seek to insult the queen who has a bigger heart than anyone else here,she may not be from a royal family but she has higher class than anyone here"several officials nod their heads in agreement "You seem to think the color of her skin has anything to do with why she is strongly respected and loved by everyone around her well let that demonstration show you why" the womans head hangs in shame as Demetri talks "Much more so what if she is black in my opinion I love it she is my Melanin Queen and it suits her very much" I listen to every word as I watch this woman's reaction to it and then he says it "The punishment for disrespecting the Queen is known to be death do you accept you faith" the woman nods but I put Kelsi down and place my hand on Demetri's shoulder "I don't think you deserve such a faith I can feel your shame from here but I can also feel your regret are you willing to earn forgiveness?" She and the entire court look at me in shock as I give her a kind smile "Your highness I humbly apologise for my behaviour and my words I will accept whatever punishment I am given even death" I nod and take my seat.

She is taken outside as we decide a verdict our advisors all seem to favour death except Tanya "Sade is right everyone deserves a second chance" I smile at her as she backs me up but then another advisor says something that socks us both "Your grace we don't mean to overrule you but we think it best she dies it isn't the first occurence and she has been forgiven many times but this time we will not accept it you have become a favourite of ours and we are not going to let this pass" Maria and the mystery girl both nod "We agree with them Sade we are sorry" I smile at them and nod "Its okay I understand"

When she is brought back in I smile sadly at her as Demetri gives her the chosen verdict as soon as the words leave his mouth she begins to cry.I can't help but feel sorry for her as the guards drag her out of the room.I take Demetri's hand and lift up Kelsi and we leave the room.

I put Kelsi to bed and enter Demetri's and I room I take off my dress and sits on Demetri's lap resting my head on his shoulder as his hands wrap around my waist and he sighs "You're going to have to get accustomed to things like that but you did well" I nod and continue to listen to his soft words "I'm sorry you had to see me like that" I raise my head and look at him "You have nothing to apologise for because you did nothing wrong" I give him a quick kiss and crawl into bed Demetri joins me wrapping his usual possessive arms around me and we both fall asleep.

Happy Holidays everyone this is your gift,I normally don't write chapters like this with a racism factor but it is a huge problem I have experienced racism myself and I can tell you this it isn't cool no matter what race/belief or gender racism is not cool so I decided to do a small piece on it now a lot of you would not that I didn't give the woman a race or name this is mainly because you can be black and be racist to other black people the same for white,hispanic and all others but note Racism does not only happen to black people but to White people and everyone else its something that happens so stick up for those being bullied about their race.Love you all very much hope you enjoyed the chapter.