[2]

jeongguk rested his head on taehyung's lap while taehyung played with jeongguk's hair.

they were out on a field, late at night, to see the stars.

they called it stargazing. the two boys would lay down against the cool grass and look up at the sky.

taehyung always thought the stars were his friends, even if they weren't there at times. they seemed to listen and understand him.

they both had invited jimin, but his mother wouldn't let the poor kid out, so they went without him. of course, jeongguk was a little upset that jimin didn't come.

"yoongi hyung is mean." taehyung mumbled, making tiny braids in jeongguk's fluffy hair.

"yoongi hyung?" jeongguk scoffed. "he's a midget."

"gukkie, you're tall. everyone is tiny to you."

jeongguk hummed in response, closing his eyes.

taehyung loved how jeongguk would emit soft snores.

it was cute, he thought.

the silence was peaceful, making taehyung feel drowsy.

he pushed jeongguk's head off of his lap gently and cuddled next to the latter.

"goodnight, gukkie hyung," he whispered softly before darkness filled every crevice of his tiny body. "i love you."

and for the first (and sadly, maybe last) time, taehyung actually felt safe.