[12]

he sighed, knowing the weather would be rather severe, but he didn't care.

he just wants to take his mind off of things.

taehyung sighed as he sat down in the cool grass, looking up at the sky.

from this specific area, the stars looking absolutely gorgeous. it was like a perfect spot to stargaze— everything was so perfect, he felt like he was in another world.

and before he knew it, dark clouds covered the sky and it had started raining slowly. it was calming though.

then, the wind started to blow, the trees rustling together to make a nice sound, a sound often heard during the fall. a wonderful noise, in his opinion.

finally, the thunder.

but taehyung didn't budge— he was finally peaceful. it was hard to get some peace of mind when he had a load of homework and projects to do. (and sadly, carry the weight of committing murder)

this place was an escape for him.

so he just sat there, darkness and coldness washing over him. the rain was getting pretty intense, and so did the wind.

until he heard a voice.

"hey, taehyung!" the voice yelled, realizing it was coming from behind.

he looked behind him, seeing jeongguk, out of all people, standing there with an umbrella.

"come here!" he yelled a little louder this time. taehyung got up reluctantly, flinching slightly at the thunder.

he ran toward jeongguk, bending over to catch his breath.

"jesus...what are you doing here?" jeongguk sighed in irritation.

"i..well, i could ask the same thing." he replied softly.

"i'm only here because your grandmother told me to get you," jeongguk hissed the words out. "so please, why the hell are you here at 9:34 at night?"

why did he care? "i just..wanted to relax."

"you're a weird kid, y'know that?" jeongguk cut him off, taehyung's head hanging low. you don't get to say that. you used to do the same thing.

jeongguk walked taehyung to his house before going home himself.

not even bothering to say "sorry for your loss" or something comforting enough.

taehyung will admit— he felt beyond sad when jeongguk said those sour words.

after all, he's just a weird kid.