[17]

"you may now kiss the..groom," the wedding priest announced, stepping back a little bit for the couple to kiss.

it was jimin and jeongguk.

people were cheering in admiration, but taehyung just sat there, realizing he was only here because of jimin.

of course jeongguk didn't want to invite taehyung.

taehyung felt himself shake violently, but smiled it off.

he couldn't help but smile because they were so happy together, it made his heart flutter slightly.

he wished jeongguk would look at him like he does to jimin, but that would never happen. not even in his wildest dreams.

a third wheel he'd be, ruining their fluffy dates in a joking manner.

but he knew jeongguk wouldn't let that happen.

because he still hates taehyung to an extent where he wouldn't hesitate to beat taehyung to the ground.

he just thought of taehyung as a stupid, annoying child.

the wedding went on for a little longer, but taehyung's eyes were watery until he saw jeongguk in front of him, as if he were taunting taehyung.

"oh—oh! cong-ratulations, 'guk!" he smiled "cheerfully", trying to act as if everything was okay.

"yeah, yeah. listen up, you're only here because of jimin. i think you should leave early, though." he hissed, the bitter words already engraved in taehyung's mind.

taehyung's smile dropped.

"i—"

"fuck off and leave," jeongguk cut him off and walked away as if nothing happened.

what did taehyung do?

exist— he existed.

although he hated this, he hated it all, he obeyed.

"taehyungie! where are you going?" jimin asked, a little bit concerned.

"i-i'm leaving, hyung." he's leaving forever.

he fell on the ground, feeling extremely lightheaded.

it all had ended. he'd be ready to go "home".

until, taehyung woke up to his alarm.

he felt his cheeks feel a little damp from all the crying he had done in his sleep, but it was okay.

it was only a dream...or maybe, a nightmare.