[21]

taehyung's grandma handed the ice cream to him reluctantly. "you sure you can eat, kid?"

he nodded slowly, taking the cold treat from his grandma's hands. "yeah,"

he heard his phone buzz, pulling it out slowly.

chim:

what's good son
my mom is being
nice today
she's letting me
hold a party
tomorrow
be there or else
ill whoop ur
ass

taehyung:
oh
ok
cya

taehyung sighed, swinging his legs from the chair he was on.

"grandma, jimin's holding a party tomorrow," he licked the ice cream that was running down his fingers. "can i go, please?"

his grandma paused. "woah, chim's holding a party? his mom is like, strict as heck."

"yeah. i dunno. can i go?" he asked eagerly, actually looking forward to something for the first time in a while.

"i..okay, sure. be home at 10:30. er...10:00."

"you're-you're letting me?" he asked, quite surprised.

"sure, kid. i mean, you need to go at a party at least once in your life, right?" she picked up the ice cream wrapper.

"oh. well, thanks, grandma," he smiled, knowing that he'd be going to a party.

"yeah. just don't do drugs or drink," she mumbled.

"i'm not that type of kid."

"hm, i know,"

there was an awkward silence until taehyung decided to speak.

"hey, grandma, if i told you i was.." he stopped, his voice feeling all scratchy.

"continue?" she urged him on.

"...if i-i was gay? would...would—"

his grandmother smiled sweetly. "no, because love is love, and i can't change who you are. and you are perfect, no matter what."

"well, i-i'm kinda..gay? i think?" he asked.

"kid, if you feel ashamed, don't be. you're a good child." she reassured him, making taehyung feel a familiar feather-y kind of feeling inside. a feeling he hadn't felt in ages.

"i love you, grandma."