[9]

"are you scared?" hoseok chuckled, letting go of taehyung's shoulders.

"i don't like it when you kiss-kiss me there, it doesn't feel right." taehyung replied, feeling tears well up in his eyes.

"crybaby," hoseok growled, pushing taehyung harshly and walked away without a single word.

but he was right, taehyung cried over the smallest things, and that is one of the reasons why he hated himself.

"where the fuck have you been, kim taehyung?" his mom screeched at him right as he stepped foot inside of his premise.

shuddering at the cuss word, he sighed. "i was staying after school for school work, mom. i'm sorry for not telling you beforehand."

"that hickey says otherwise, don't 'ya think?" his mother sneered. "what a shame, i have to call you my son when you're really just a faggot!"

he swallowed hard flinching at the new nickname and the raise of his mother's voice. "i-i truly am sorry, just trust me, please."

taehyung shouldn't be apologizing. it wasn't his fault.

"go-go to your room. now." his mother hissed, but taehyung gladly accepted it.

he'd rather be minding his own business than dealing with that woman he has to call his mother.

taehyung looked outside the window, sighing in content as cool air blew in his face.

there were rosebuds on an old bush that had been there since the beginning of time. he smiled softly to himself.

he loves roses.

ironically, his dog, rose, came panting in the room, in need of attention.

"not now, rosie." he sighed as rose whimpered and rest her head on taehyung's lap.

"hey, jimin," taehyung coughed awkwardly.

"oh, what's up?" jimin replied with a bright smile on his face.

"well, uh, y'know how you have a boyfriend?" he kept his gaze low.

jimin froze, the smile on his face falling, but quickly returned. "yes, wh-y?"

"i-i want to know who it is," taehyung cleared his throat. "because, he seems important to you and i want to see if this person is worthy of you." taehyung laughed softly, but stopped when jimin wasn't laughing.

"i'm...not supposed to tell you, but i..it's," jimin inhaled deeply. "jeongguk."

taehyung froze for a minute, but smiled in return. "that's great!" he patted jimin's back.

this is not what he expected.

confused on what jimin meant when he said he wasn't supposed to tell him, he felt his chest feel heavy.

"i've got science now, i'll..see ya 'round." he could feel his smile vanish into a soft frown, tears threatening to fall on his soft cheeks.

he was always so whipped (and still is) for jeongguk, and now he slipped past fingertips. taehyung will get over it, he know he will. he's still hanging on the thin string of hope.

but the worst part was that his best friend ditched him everyday for jeongguk, not even getting a "jeongguk asked how you were doing!" or something along those lines.