[23]

"okay, jeongguk," jimin inhaled deeply, playing with jeongguk's sweater vest. "i-i want to talk."

"oh god, not the talk." jeongguk replied, feeling nervous suddenly.

jimin sighed, leaning against jeongguk. "so...i-i don't know. y'know chanyeol?"

jeongguk felt his blood boil at the name. "yes, i know him."

"i-i think i like him. i love you, but i think it'd better if we break up." jimin pulled his hand away from jeongguk's sweater slowly, giving him time to think about what he just said.

"..oh." was all he could muster up as a reply.

"don't get me wrong, i love you, but...i-i love chanyeol too." he sighed, walking away a little.

"it's okay," he smiled sadly. "i..i hope to see you soon, friend."

jimin nodded and walked away, leaving jeongguk in his own thoughts.

all he wanted to do was cry— but he never felt better after crying.

"'guk?" a familiar voice spoke up.

he looked up to see a pale taehyung with sympathetic eyes, with a white rose in his hand. he looked so fragile, not in a good way.

the rose was almost the same color of his skintone.

he held the rose out to him, jeongguk delicately taking it from him.

"you'll be fine. i know you can," taehyung smiled sadly. "things get better. they always do." for you.

jeongguk was so confused. he had always despised the boy for no reason, but today, he felt like he did something so wrong.

the small gesture snapped something inside of jeongguk. he felt guilty, and he looked up from the white rose, noticing how there were small red splotches on the side.

"taehyu—"

he was gone.