CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13

  So far, I have missed two or three days at school. Jacob told me I should go, but I told him that it wasn't important right now. "There is no way I can do both." I said. "Well then................." Jacob trailed off. I already knew what he was about to say. He wanted me to stay out of it and focus on school while my family was suffering because of me. "No way Jake. That's not going to happen." I said to him sternly and got out of the room, slamming the door behind me.

JACOB'S POV

  I sighed stressfully and in defeat. Things were so screwed up! I felt like punching the wall, but that would probably make matters worse. She's as stubborn as her mother!

RENESME'S POV

  I ran in the forest. I tried to clear my head. I dodged the tree's and thought to myself. How on earth was I going to clean up this mess! The lives of everyone was in stake. I was still determined. I held on to that strong silver of hope. A war was coming and no time can be wasted. I had to prepare. I just ran while thinking. I didn't even notice the time until the moon caught my eye. I had to get back home or Jacob will be worried. I ran back to the cottage with a plan developing in my head. "Where have you been?" Jacob asked. Even though he tried staying calm, there was no hiding the anger in his voice. "Relax. I just needed time to clear my head." I said calmly as I walked across the room. "Time? We don't have that much time. You can't just be careless like that. We have people to save." I stopped and spun around. "Trust me, I get it." I said to him sincerely. "No you don't. If you did you wouldn't go around making stupid mistakes like that!" Jakes voice began to rise. I was angry now. "You know what I-" I stopped in the middle of my sentence. "You what?" Jacob asked. He was still upset but a little more calm. "Do you see how we are acting right now? We keep going back and forth. Nothing will ever get done if we keep fighting like this." I said. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Sorry." he said softly. He walked over and gave me a huge bear hug. Well, more like a wolf hug.(I know, its not funny.) Then the next thing that came up was unexpected. Something that I didn't realize I missed so much until now. He gave me a long gentle kiss. And I couldn't help but kiss him back. We ended up on the couch kissing for a while. 'Wait!' I thought to myself. 'What the hell am I doing? My family is suffering because of me and I'm sitting here making out with my boyfriend.' I stopped and pulled away. I got off of Jacob while he sat down out breath. "What's wrong?" he asked solemnly. He seemed disappointed. "Nothing it's just that......we shouldn't be doing this right now." I whispered. I walked to my room and closed the door behind me.

  I just could not sleep! I tossed and turned. Then suddenly, I wasn't in my bedroom anymore..........

I stood in a dark black forest. Everything was quiet, but then all of the sudden I could here and sense everything around me in the forest and understood my surroundings. Then I realized I was not the only one in this forest. I began to run. I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. But then I stopped by a cliff which I nearly fell in. There was no place left to go. I was doomed. I turned around and saw a red cloak. The cloak pushed me off the cliff and I held on to a ledge before I could hit the ground. A pair of cold hands touched my own. I looked into the eyes of the mysterious murderer. They were red. It was Aro. He let out a cackle and ripped my hands off the ledge. I fell down the endless hole. Falling............

 I woke up screaming and crying. I was in hysterics. Jacob ran in concerned. "What's wrong? 'Ness?" He asked. "He.....I......dream." I stuttered. He held me tight as I cried into his shirt. "It's ok. It was just a dream." he whispered petting my hair. We stayed like that and I fell asleep in his arms.