Chapter 1

INFFTP 1

“Wakeeeeee upppp! Cassandra yoohoo!”

“Samantha stop it! 5 more minutes please!”

“Nope! We’re gonna be late. It’s our first day. So better get ready!”

I didn’t mind her. She’s been doing this for as long as I can remember. She lives next door so every morning she would come over and wake me up. But geez, I still wanna sleep.  I read The Fault In Our Stars last night so I slept late.

I felt the bed shaking. Lumilindol!

Napabangon ako ng di oras.

“Lindol! Lumilindol! Omygod!”

“Hahahahahaha! Cass hahaha! Omy hahahaha! You should’ve seen your face. Epic! Hahaha.”

I found Samantha on top of my bed. So its just her. Ugh. She really won’t stop.

“I hate you Samantha Luis!”

“And I love you too bestfriend. Now get ready. I’ll wait for you downstairs! And don’t try to go back to sleep. I’ll kill you!”

That girl, Samantha Luis, is my bestfriend for as long I can remember. I met her when I was 6, a year after my father died. They just moved in next door. Actually, I was aloof back then, but she’s just too persistent. She said she really want me to be her friend. And now, we’re almost close to being twin sisters. Haha!

I went to the bathroom. Did my morning rituals and put on my uniform. It’s our first day as Seniors and this year, I will be the team captain of the Volleyball team. How awesome is that. Samantha and I are both part of the Volleyball team. Volleyball’s our passion.

“Hurry up slowpoke.”

“Slowpoke your face! Hi Mom, good morning!” I greeted my mom and kissed her cheek.

“Good morning princess.”

“Tita forever pagong tong si Cass noh. Psh.” Sam

“Yes, its in the genes. Hahaha.” Mom

We both laughed at her answer. My mom’s not a morning person as well. But well, she’s responsible enough to wake up early everytime she has a meeting.

Paglabas namin sa sasakyan ko, pinagtinginan na agad kami ng mga students. They even gave way sa corridor. They’ll smile and greet good morning and all. It has always been like this. Sikat kami, yes. But I don’t want this kind of attention. I just think it’s too much.  Nonetheless, I still smile at them and even greeted some of them good morning.

At the end of the corridor, I saw the notorious playboy in our campus, Alexander Marco. Flirting, again. Oh well what’s new. I see him with different girls every week. Flavor of the week. He smirked at me and winked. A-hole.

Nakuha niya pang kumindat habang may nilalandi siya. Damn that guy!

We went inside our room. Samantha and I are classmates ever since. Perks of being in an elite family. If we want to be in one section, we will be.

“Hi gorgeous.”

I looked at the seat beside me. Its Alexander. I rolled my eyes and turned to Samantha, who’s obviously drooling over Alexander. Okay, I get that he’s a total hottie. But whenever I see him, I also see the nametag he has ‘Im a Playboy. I’ll flirt with you then dump you.’.

“Earth to Sam! Hello!”

“Oh sorry. What is it again?” She said still not looking at my direction.

“Psh. Stop drooling over that guy. Yuck.”

“What? He’s hot.”

Whatever.

“I hope you’ll check me out like what your bestfriend did a while ago.” He whispered. Why did he even sit beside me. Fudge. There’s a number of available seats in front.

“You wish.” Inirapan ko siya.

“Why are you so hard to get Cassandra Bernardo?”

I just rolled my eyes.

I have to deal with this playboy for the rest of the year. Wow. I’ll surely have a lot of fun. Not.