butterflies

+ a/n: i suck with fluff so bear with me

3rd Person POV:

You've got a message from Dayeon Lee ☕️☺️

hey im in lecture theatre 3, wru ?
Sent 12.06pm

"Right here," a deep voice said from the back door of the lecture room.

Dayeon jumped as she turned around, her lips curving up into a smile as she caught sight of Daniel at the back, leaning against the wooden door while waving to her with his phone is his hand.

"Isn't your classroom two levels up? How did you get here so quick?" She swung her bag over her shoulders as she jogged up the stairs to his side.

"I'm fast in everything," he winked at her as they walked out of the school's building together.

"Yeah, fast at making girls fall for you too," she muttered in an undertone, referring to the other girls in the school's compound ogling over Daniel as he was busy with his phone.

"Did you say something?" He looked up, diverting all his attention onto her.

"N-No, just wondering how much I'll be able to progress today," she stuttered, trying to hide her jealously within her.

"I'm sure you'll do great! Don't worry!" He assured her as he pat her shoulder lightly, "You should have more confidence in yourself."

+++

"Yeah, so just lift up your right leg forward and turn both wrists in a circle," Daniel stared at his reflection in the mirror as he demonstrated the routine for Dayeon again.

She slowly followed suite and counted the beats to herself. Soon enough, she already so near completing the whole choreography.

But being the bitch he was— I mean, great choreographer, Daniel just had to include a really, really, really complicated hand movement along with footwork.

"How do I do this?" Dayeon frowned as she tried redoing the same move but stops halfway as she misses the beat, "Gosh, I'm bhorrible at this—"

"No! You're doing great today! Why are you so insecure?" He puckered his lips, confused.

He doesn't understand why she felt this way. She's talented, hardworking and really pretty but she doesn't seem to view herself that way. There was always something wrong with her. But in his eyes, it was hard to find her flaws.

He loved it best when she snorts while laughing, later apologising but resuming the snorting right after. He loves it when she accidentally trips over flat surfaces and falls against his back, while she apologised for being clumsy, her actions only makes him wish she could fall for him like that too.

There was just this feeling towards her he has but he just can't find the words to place everything together. It was overwhelming.

"C'mon, I'll help you. Just freeze at this move," he instructed as he walked over to her.

"Now, your hands move here," he did it right beside her, closer now, so she could get the best view of how to do it, "And your legs move right here."

She followed suit, but there was just something missing...

"Can you do a body wave and snap your fingers after?" He asked as he tried it once.

She did as she was told, easily completing the move but Daniel wasn't satisfied.