🏥

Beep Beep Beep Beep
The light it's so bright I groaned as I tried to open my eyes.

"Auntie can you turn off the light?"
"Yeah baby." I heard her heels click clack and then the light became dim. I finally opened my eyes all the way to see my aunt on the right side of me. She grabbed my hand kissing it.

"What the hells wrong with you?! Going into the woods?!" I jumped back

"I don't know I j-"
"You could have died Amina!" I dropped my head I know it was dumb now but before I don't know what I was thinking. What is wrong with me?

"I'm sorry Auntie it won't happen again." "Yeah I know it won't I'm going to work get some rest I'll be back soon. I love you."

"I love you too." She kissed my forehead before stepping out the door.

I was so distracted I hadn't noticed that Melissa and Mason were laying on the couch in the corner of the room.

I love how close they are

I love how close they are. I could sit here forever just being able to admire him. From the tips of his hair to his big behind feet. If we are together I just hope somebody would let me know.

Coming back up my eyes connect with beautiful ocean blue eyes. Mason. He slowly got up placing Melissa down careful  not to wake her. He glided over to me each stride making my heart monitor speed up. But that didn't faze him.

He caressed my face in his big soft hands "I'm glad you're okay." I leaned into his hand and smiled.

"Thanks. How did you find out?"

"We're neighbors. Why didn't you tell me you were allergic to dogs? What else are you allergic to?"

"Well I don't know. Umm like everything. Dogs, cats, birds, roaches, grass, eggs, seafood and a lot of other stuff." His face seemed so suprised

I've always been allergic to a lot of stuff.

"I'm sorry." I looked up to see his head hanging in guilt. But why?

"This wasn't your fault." He took his face in my hands catching his eyes. "How could you blame yourself for something that had absolutely nothing to do with you?" He just shook his head

This may not be the right time but who cares not me. "Are we like a thing?" He chuckled at my sudden outburst.

I don't see anything funny I wanna know.

"Why? Is it constantly on your mind? Do you want us to be a thing?" I shrugged carelessly

Well duh I mean come on look at you!

"No I was just wondering..."

"Yes Amina we are in a relationship. Just say the word and we won't be..." I shook my head

"NO! Uh I mean no it's totally fine."

He smiled and kissed my cheek just as Melissa woke up.

"Hey Mel." She jumped up climbing into my bed

"I was so worried about you!" She crushed me in a bear hug

"Aw I'm okay."

This was so foreign to me for someone to actually care about me this much. I know I have my aunt but to just feel the love outside the family is something different. At least for me it is.

"When am I gonna be able to go home?" I asked Mason

"Tonight." I nodded

The rest of the day we just watched tv while eating nasty cafeteria food.

I honestly don't know why I feel comfortable in a hospital but I never feel stressed here. As a kid I was in and out of the hospital for my asthma.

My aunt came back and signed me out. We got home and everyone parted ways. It felt good to be home again.

I took a shower and threw on some clothes.

Since it was around 9pm I decided to cook something

Since it was around 9pm I decided to cook something. Just because I love my Auntie and I want to take care of her.

I pulled the ground beef out of the freezer and placed it in a pot on the stove on 6.

While that got hot I boiled some water for my pasta. I seasoned the meat and stirred it. I drained the water from the pasta putting everything into a bowl and stirred it all together. I put it in a baking pan and placed a layer of cheese on top before throwing it in the oven.

When it was done I made plates. "Auntie!" She stepped out of her room. "I made dinner." I smiled

"Thank you baby girl

"Thank you baby girl. Come sit with me." We ate together talking about anything and everything. Even Mason.