🔊🔊

After Mason broke up with me I was hurt. I don't know how I felt exactly because I've never felt like this before. I felt alone.

I've missed both of them a lot I try not to cry. I usually just vent to my aunt or my phone.

You're probably wondering how I know all those things at the diner well my aunt taught me.

My aunt is very dangerous. Ever since I could remember she would train any time she could and as I got older I begged her to teach me and she did. I learned to use a gun at the age 15. Knives since I was 12. I wouldn't say I'm amazing but I'm alright.

Today I had to take it lightly but I was still going to school. It took forever to convince my aunt to let me go.  I didn't want to fall behind.

I walked to my first period to Melissa sitting in my seat.

"Excuse me." She looked at me with so much regret in her eyes.

"I'm sorry MiMi. Can we be friends again?"

"I thought we weren't supposed to talk to each other."
She stood up making me take a step back

"I know I know Mason told me I couldn't talk to you anymore but I have to I need to you're my best friend!" I couldn't help but smile

"You're my best friend too."

"Yay we're back Bitchessss!" She jumped on me and screamed

I laughed trying not to wince

"When you die it's my turn !" Melissa yelled as we sat on my bed playing uncharted 3

"Alright alright." I waved her off she was on my bed eating snacks

Her phone started to ring but she made no move to answer it.

"Melissa your phone?"

"Oh it's nothing." She shrugged flipping face down.

A few moments later there was a knock on the door.

"Melissa can you get the door?" I said in the zone

"You get it this isn't my house." She joked

"I can't get it dressed like this!" I glared

"Yeah that's why.." she's right I really don't care I just didn't want to stop playing the game.

"Fine." I paused the game and made my way to the door.

I looked through the peep hole to see Mason.

I opened the door knowing I looked a hot mess

"What do you want?" I asked with a attitude

"Tell Melissa I said come home." He demanded

"She'll go home when she's ready." I said putting my hand on my hip

"Amina!" He growled I can't lie I got chills. What?! It was hot. but I didn't show it.

"Mason."

He groaned and slipped past me making his way to my room.

"Hey Mason! Leave her alone!" I grabbed his arm

He froze "Get your hands off me."

I got mad "Why Mason?! What did I do to get so much hate from you?! What happened to I'm gonna treat you like a princess?! I thought you cared!" I screamed

Tears streamed down my face not because I was sad but because I was mad.

He snatched his arm from me clutching his stomach

"Well I don't."

"Get out." He didn't even hesitate

I walked back to my room after locking the door.

"Hey Melissa your brother wants you home." I said making my way to the bathroom.

"Are you okay MiMi?"

"Yeah I'm great Mel," I laughed "better get home before he comes back with reinforcements. " She sighed

I heard both doors close on her way out.

Melissa's P.O.V.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled

I stepped in the house to see leaning on the counter.

"I thought I told you not to talk to her?! "

"Well guess what I couldn't do it! She's my best friend!"

"You think this is easy for me?! To sit here and say those things to her I have to see the way it hurts her! I feel it! It kills me to do this!"

"Why are we doing it?!"

"I can't lose her!" He yelled running his hands through his hair

"She can take care of herself Mason. Do you not remember the news?"

"They are just humans amateur humans at that! Things on this side are different!"

"Tell her Mason or you will lose her for good. Train her help her to be ready for this side of the fence."

"FUCK!!" He yelled storming off