1 || Partner

Menis View High School is supposed to be the perfect school, where their objective is for us to "learn things and grow!", but in reality, it sucks just as much as any high school. It could only get worse on days like today; Valentines Day.

I tried to push through as teenagers filled the colorful hallway. Balloons were everywhere and everyone was smiling. It was a busy day at my school, for everyone. The students were running around giving out their gifts, and the staff ran after them, trying to keep everything in order with the massive amounts of kids at my school. I was so over it.

When I reached my class, I spotted my best friend in her usual seat. She was doing what she loves doing; applying makeup. No matter how much I tell her she doesn't need it, she still applies it daily.

"Hey Angel", she greeted me as I sat down next to her.

"Hey Leeann" , I smile.

"Did we have homework last night ?" She says, fixing her cotton candy pink hair.

"No?" My eyebrows furrow.

"You don't sound sure", She states, and I chuckle.

"I'm not.." I shrug causing her to slowly shake her head, putting her make-up away.

"Put that phone away Matthew, before I take it." Mrs. Mannings' voice suddenly rung through the classroom, causing all of our gazes to fall on her. She was putting her things under her desk.

"Oh joy ! Would you look at that? It's time to start class." Mrs. Manning said sarcastically as the bell rang.

Placing my things away, I turned to face her.

"Class, your assignment and your partners' names are on the board. Please get to work. You have a week. Be creative!" She shouted.

"Can I write it on a sheet of paper?", a kid asks from the back of the class.

Mrs. Mannings took a deep breath, and shook her head. "No. Like I said, be creative."

I sighed, glancing at the assignment requirements.

"Animal Variation Project

This project is over how you think an animal would act if it carried the characteristics and duties of an different kind. Choose 2+ animals and recreate them. An essay about your animal is required."

I let my eyes scan over the board until I found my name.

"Angel W. - Harry S."

Harry S. ? Wait a minute .. isn't that, that guy who's always quiet and people tease him for what happened to his dad?

A while ago, there was a huge fire at his house, and Harry was the only one found alive, and covered in blood. Harry was younger so all he got was time at a mental hospital, for therapy. When he was let out, everyone called him "freak" every time they saw him.

I turned around to see he was already staring directly at me. I smiled at him, hoping he'd return it. His lips stayed in it's thin line formation, causing me to awkwardly stop smiling. He just kept staring.

I slowly got up and walked over to Harrys' desk.

"Hi" I said, sitting down next to him.

"Hi"

"So how do you want to do this?", I smiled.

He let out a small ,"I don't ..", which quickly followed with me saying, What?".

"Nothing just, here, come over after school and we will start on the project then" he said, handing me a small piece of paper, with his address on it.

I put it in my pocket, nodding.

He placed his earbuds back in and put his head down.

weirdo..

Later That Day

"You live alone?" I asked, looking around as he shut the door behind me. Why doesn't he live with an Aunt or something ?

"Maybe.. Come on" he said, going up the stairs. I followed behind him, noting how beautiful his house is.

"Nice house"

" thanks ?" He said, pushing open his bedroom door. I eyed his room and took it in. Posters lined his walls, and his things were in tidy conditions. Wow this guy sure likes this band. I chuckled to myself, quietly.

"What's so funny?"

He grasped the hoodie he was wearing, pulling it over his head. The hoodie pulled his shirt up, slightly revealing his stomach. I bit my lip, looking away.

"Nothing"

"Okay..Well I have to go get the laptop and stuff from downstairs. I'll be right back." He threw his hoodie on the end of his bed before walking out.

I plopped down on his bed, expecting to be greeted by a comfy, plush feeling, but instead i felt a pain in my back. I winced, getting off the bed. I peeled back his covers and looked at the side of the mattress for any holes or tears.

"Aha" I whispered, noticing a little rip. I put my finger in it, and moved it to the right. The rip was actually bigger than it appeared. I pushed my hand through, feeling around. My fingers hit a object, and I wrapped my fingers around it, pulling it out.

A journal.

"Harrys :) x" the cover said.

Hmm.. Should I read it? Or?.. Hmm maybe I can find something out about this quiet kid.

I pulled the band off, opening the book.

"

April Heath - 12/1/19 ( 6 ) A

Mark Monroe - 12/5/ 19 (12 ) B

Judith Pacer - 12/13/ 19 ( 1 ) A

Aden Smith - 12/20/19 ( 27 ) B

Josh Armstrong - 12/28/19 ( 01 ) B

"

What does all of this mean ? These kids go to our school. The sound of boots hitting the floor snapped me out of my thoughts and I quickly slid the journal back into the hole, where it once was before.

My backpack landed with a thud as I threw it across the room and I got back up on his bed. His bed squeaked as I scooted back.

"Harry I brought - Who are you ?"

My head snapped in the bedroom doors' direction. A guy in all black, stood at the door. He eyed me closely, with a cold, hard stare and raised a eyebrow.

" hello? I said: Who are you?"