14 || Illusion

Before you start reading I'd like to take the time to thank zxynfame for helping me with this chapter. Love you xx
__________________________________________________

Chapter Fourteen; Illusion
__________________________________________________

"Wow, it actually looks like a candy-corn!" Leeann said, watching the glass closely.

They were at their local smoothie place, drinking the newest smoothie. The Candy-Corn Special --- that actually looked like one.

"I know right" Angel laughed. "Usually they make the ad look perfect then you actually get a load of-" Leeann interrupted her. "Angel.." She whispered.

"What?" Angel said, finally looking away from the glass.

"Look.." Leeann turned her head subtly in the direction of the person she was talking about. Angel followed the direction of her head, her mouth dropping.

"Yes, he is hot! Y-"

Leeann's eyes widened and she turned to see what Angel was talking about.

"What- no- he is hot but I meant him.." She flicked her head in a different direction.

Angels face made an 'O' shape.

"He looks a lot like Ha-"

"Shh.. We probably shouldn't talk about it..but I just thought I'd tell you" Leeann said, looking away.

"I guess you're right.."

After they finished their smoothies, they walked around a few stores, before bumping into Jess and Marie.

"Layla! Amber!" Jess shouted.

"Hey you guys, what's up?"

The girls hugged, then went back to standing where they were.

"Hey, umm, nothing we just were buying some music because we're having a party, and speaking of.. It's invite-only and you guys.. are invited." Marie smiled, handing them each invitations.

"Thanks" Angel smiled.

"Thank you" Leeann said. "What's the occasion?"

Marie laughed. "Halloween. Well we've got to go but we hope to see you there. Bye you guys."

"See you later"

After they left, Angel and Leeann made their way home, as it was getting late.

-

The Next Day

"Breakfast is ready!" Angel's mom yelled from the kitchen, flipping the final pancake.

Angel stretched, pushing the blankets off of herself and yawned. "Coming.." She mumbled, going down to the kitchen.

"Hey bud", She smiled down at her little brother, who was sitting at the table.

"Hey Angel" He smiled up at her, equally as happy. She ruffled his hair and sat down quietly.

"Today: Cloudy, chance of rain at 6pm. Tomorrow: Cloudy in the morning-" The news spoke but angel drowned it out, filling her plate with pancakes.

Suddenly, the house phone rang.
"Hello?" Angels mom answered, wiping down the counter.

"This is she.....okay.............Why didn't you notify us three days ago?....Yeah a lousy one...mhmm that's for sure...bye"