12 || Shadow

____________________________

Chapter twelve; Shadow

____________________________

Angel sighed, tugging Harry's bag over her shoulder as she ran down the sidewalk to her house. She had left Harry's car in a random parking lot, but took the key with her.

When she reached her house she slowed to catch her breath. 'What time is it?' She thought. Her mother gets home from work around four. Shakily, she lifted her arm to knock.

After a few moments she could hear her mothers heels, clicking as she moves towards the door.

The door opened to reveal Stephanie, her mother. She looked older, clearly stressed out, and unhappy.

"Oh- OH MY! JOHN ! MAX! GET DOWN HERE!" Stephanie's face lit up, embracing her daughter in a very tight hug.

"Come on let's get inside" She smiled as they moved inside of the house.

Angel sat on the couch opposite of her mother and step-dad, so they could face each other. Max was at his sisters' hip, smiling.

"Honey, where have you been? We've missed you so much"

Angel didn't feel like answering questions, or lying to her parents but she knew she couldn't avoid the inevitable; they were going to ask questions.

"I.. I decided that it would be a good idea to get away for a couple days.. But I'm back so it's okay.." Angel smiled, trying to ease the situation, but of course john had to press it.

"No, not okay. You can't just leave whenever you feel like it and give us a heart attack. Anything could've happened to you, we were so worried they would find your corpse and not you, alive." He shook his head, and moved his hands along to his input.

If he only knew..

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, it won't happen again.. I'm really tired can I go to bed?" Angel sighed.

Stephanie sighed too, knowing she should let her daughter get some rest.

"Of course honey, we will talk about this in the morning. Get some sleep." She told her daughter, giving her a small smile. Her uneasiness was wearing off; her daughter was finally safe and at home.

"Alright. Goodnight, I love you guys." Angel hugged max, and her parents before scatting up to her room. 'The less time I spend downstairs, the easier it should be, right?' She thought.

Right?..

__________________________

[ extremely short chapter, sorry ]

Guess what? I already started on the sequel and it's going great. I can't wait till it's ready.

vote and comment, please ♡ x